Accept - Blood of the Nations Tour

Yes!! I actually played on that tour! It was a HELL of a show.. the club was sold out, line out the door. My band was supposed to go on first, but then, Operetika CANCELLED last minute, and Timelord showed up late!! So instead, Timelord played first, we went on after.. and then.. EDGUY! It was an amazing show. All progressive metal, and the audience seemed to appreciate that. Best crowd in VA I've ever seen.
When we opened for Kamelot at Jaxx, the place was sold out too! That was a lot of fun! Other sold out shows we've played there were: Sonata Arctica's first show in the US and Symphony X (August 2007).

I do despise how poorly Jaxx tends to put together shows. The groups are so far apart in style sometimes that there is no crossover whatsoever. Once band A gets done, their crowd leaves, once band B gets done, then their crowd leaves. Unless you have a huge headliner, the place is empty by the end of the night.

I didn't post the set list from the Baltimore show (I have it though), but the length of their set was in the review I wrote (link in the first message of this thread). It was 75 minutes long - that's a REALLY long for an opening band.

Oops! Intersting. I guess they are right when they say it's practically co-headlining.

Yeah, I was kinda surprised when I heard Kings X. I was like, "This.. this is not metal! What is going on?!"

Kings X might not be true metal, but their music - even today - has more balls than a lot of today's stay-puff power metal. Gretchen Goes to Nebraska? Pretty damn heavy shyt!

The content of the speech itself was fine and true. It was Dug's thoughts on following your dreams and the negative consequences of locking your life into something you don't like (a job you hate, etc). It just went on too long. Too much "Can I get an amen?!" over and over again and long pauses between every sentence.

Over My Head definitely rules and is a great concert closer; I'm just referring to a very long intro of the band hitting one chord and Dug yelling non-words into the microphone. 3-4 minutes of that.

Lest it sound like I'm being too critical of a concert, I should re-state that King's X are definitely top-of-the-barrel for rock bands. I love Dug's attitude, I love Ty Tabor's relaxed stage presence and and sense of guitar texture, I love the band's inhumanely tight rhythmic playing...there aren't many rock bands that can truly run with them. First-tier band.

When we opened for Kamelot at Jaxx, the place was sold out too! That was a lot of fun! Other sold out shows we've played there were: Sonata Arctica's first show in the US and Symphony X (August 2007).

I do despise how poorly Jaxx tends to put together shows. The groups are so far apart in style sometimes that there is no crossover whatsoever. Once band A gets done, their crowd leaves, once band B gets done, then their crowd leaves. Unless you have a huge headliner, the place is empty by the end of the night.

Ja, I know what you mean.. God help you if you bring that up, though! lol I love Jaxx, though. It's not their fault, most of the time. You know they had a hard time finding people to open for Doro? DORO! Of all people! Because kids in this area are into hardcore death and black metal. It's such a shame.

Also.. lol@ "stay-puff power metal".. XD There's some stuff out there that I would label as such, but I dunno, I couldn't get into Kings X. And the dude did some sort of monologue at one point that felt a bit out of place. They're just not my thing, is all. I would have liked to have seen a local power metal band open for Accept, if such a thing exists in the Baltimore area... (I KEED, I KEED.)

just saw Accept on their last show of this US leg at the Key Club in LA. What a show :headbang::headbang: It was amazing, the sound was great and Mark sounded good. It seemed like a lot of people were there. It got crazy when they played restless and wild lol I cant wait till they come around again.

Setlist:

Starlight
Living for Tonite
Breaker
Teutonic Terror
Bucket Full of Hate
Restless and Wild
Son of a Bitch
Metal Heart
Neon Nights
Bulletproof
Losers and Winners
The Abyss
No Shelter
Up to the Limit
Monsterman
Fast as a Shark

Encores:

Pandemic
Princess of the Dawn
Balls to the Wall

I was hoping they'd do more from BOTN like title track, Locked and Loaded and Time Machine, but it was still a great show.:kickass::kickass:

Saw them last night in Los Angeles... on a Tuesday night it was packed.

The guys were awesome raw energy... I will always go see them when they come around.

Plus, ever since their PP performance I have a mjor crush on Wolf... what a hot metal guitar god :eek:

I took a ton of pics, but I have only uploaded them to Facebook so far

I regret missing them and King's X here last week. It was on a Wednesday night.........that was my only issue...well, and the $9 beers at House of Blues..otherwise I would have been there!

SO

I have listened to the new accept cd FINALLY and its my first accept album that i have ever listened to.

O

M

G.

it was spectacular. I haven't had an instant favorite like this in a long time. Hell even the new BG record took 2-3 spins to become a classic to me and im a huge fanboy.

props to them they are on their A game right now. and slayed at the showcase..

I need moAr cds

I KNOOOOW!! It's currently in my car's CD player and I haven't switched it in WEEKS. Give 'em the Axe makes me want to punch something, it's so awesome!!

SO

I have listened to the new accept cd FINALLY and its my first accept album that i have ever listened to.

O

M

G.

it was spectacular. I haven't had an instant favorite like this in a long time. Hell even the new BG record took 2-3 spins to become a classic to me and im a huge fanboy.

props to them they are on their A game right now. and slayed at the showcase..

I need moAr cds

:OMG: Did you think we were lying on here or something? Haha. Yeah, it's truly what hooked me onto them as I wasn't a fan before I heard "Give 'em the Axe". That and the new Overkill are the only two albums this year that after first listen I IMMEDIATELY wanted to listen to it again and again AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, etc. :lol: Funny too, because I never gave either band a chance until now.

:OMG: Did you think we were lying on here or something? Haha. Yeah, it's truly what hooked me onto them as I wasn't a fan before I heard "Give 'em the Axe". That and the new Overkill are the only two albums this year that after first listen I IMMEDIATELY wanted to listen to it again and again AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, etc. :lol: Funny too, because I never gave either band a chance until now.

hahaha ya man! its totally killer, i still need to pick up the overkill one. We had a chance to play with them down here but had to decline. its the weekend we leave for tour :( Oh well maybe i can catch the show on the way back to our house....

I love the new CD and I've been a fan since RESTLESS AND WILD came out in the early 80's. Great stuff. Possibly the best release of the year and their best release ever. Did I mention I saw them three times this year?

I know everybody hates them and the show, but VH1 Classic's "That Metal Show" episode from this past weekend (guests Michael Anthony & Kip Winger) mentioned Accept's "Blood of the Nations" as their Pick of the Week with all 3 hosts gushing of its greatness, speaking of it as metal album of the year, along with high praise for the shows and Mark Tornillo's efforts.

Please don't use this as a springboard to derail the thread for how you all hate Trunk and "TMS"....we've covered it in multiple threads. Just thought it would be nice for folks to know that Accept got some air time on VH1 Classic...