Alestorm/Voyager dates.

mel_progson

Dec 10, 2006
Oz
Ok so Alestorm and Voyager are doing tour dates down here. I'm thinking bout going just for Voyager alone, but can anyone tell me what Alestorm are like live? I know they do the whole pirate/folk metal thing that some folks are burnt out on, but are they good live?

Their singer, Chris Boles, is also pretty cool in person: when my friend Ripper and I were walking back to the car after that show here in Atlanta, Chris espied us walking down the side-road, came bounding up to us and said "Hi, you're my two new best friends!"
Much drunken hilarity ensued. :heh:
Oh, and he also likes Bal-Sagoth, and even remembered some of their song-titles while drunk...something which I can't do sober! :lol:

Alestorm is fun live and I'm betting Voyager will steal the show, so it'll likely be a good time! I hope this tour comes around here because I'm definitely there, and mostly because of Voyager!

Alestorm is gimmicky fun. And Chris plays a keytar live, so there ya go. They're not "favorite band of all time" material, but they have their place, and I've enjoyed their show.