All you need to know about Finnish language...

Yes, about those words, written together the ending depends on the last word :lol: Right? For example herätys and kello- the word that those two make is herätyskello, fine but the ending in, well let's say partitiivi is A because we have a vowel from 2nd and 1st group, right? Whereas in kirjahylly the ending will be Ä because of the y's we have in hylly. In those cases the 1st word doesn't matter. My teacher gave me an example with jääkiekkö and said that changing it into jääkiekko isn't a big problem, but still with ö at the end is more correct.

Yes, about those words, written together the ending depends on the last word :lol: Right? For example herätys and kello- the word that those two make is herätyskello, fine but the ending in, well let's say partitiivi is A because we have a vowel from 2nd and 1st group, right? Whereas in kirjahylly the ending will be Ä because of the y's we have in hylly. In those cases the 1st word doesn't matter. My teacher gave me an example with jääkiekkö and said that changing it into jääkiekko isn't a big problem, but still with ö at the end is more correct.

You are right with the partitiivi thing, the ending comes from the second word. The jääkiekkö part is wrong. A direct jääkiekko translation would be ice (jää) puck and since puck is kiekko not kiekkö it's jääkiekko.

a96682_megapussi.jpg

s

I'm proud ;__;

Iaiii!!!!! :devil:

Now, I have a homework, but the sentence I should write must be in Future Tense and we haven't studied it yet :zzz:
Can you tell me how's the future tense of olla (especially hän- persoona-on)?

Iaiii!!!!! :devil:

Now, I have a homework, but the sentence I should write must be in Future Tense and we haven't studied it yet :zzz:
Can you tell me how's the future tense of olla (especially hän- persoona-on)?

What are you trying to say in the future tense? It's kind of hard to explain since there's no clear "pattern" for the future tense. Each word has their own future tense.

If I want to say: I'm going to go to COB's next concert. I say: Minä aion (Future tense of aikoa) mennä COB:in seuraavaan konserttiin.

Quote from Finnish Wikipedia: "Suomen nykyisessä yleis- ja puhekielessä ei käytännössä esiinny futuuria, vaan sen sijasta käytetään yleensä preesensiä, nykyajan muotoa."

It means pretty much this: In the modern Finnish language future tense is very rare. Instead we usually use (Especially when talking, and if the thing happening in the future isn't very far away) the present tense.

Using the same COB consert example with present tense: Minä menen COB:in seuraavaan (Next) konserttiin. (You have to give some kind of time when you're doing it, for example tomorrow or next, when using present tense)

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Sounds awkward for me myself too.

On the Chaos Ridden Years DVD what does the back of Alexi's shirt say? Don't know what language is assuming it's Finnish, it probably has been asked before but I don't wanna read 78 pages of replies. Sorry can't find a pic (I'm sure most of the people on this forum have watched it or just know it somehow) Thanks!

Had my third lesson of my course in finnish tonight. Can say that I'm really like "urge to learn"!

The hardest part so far must be the vowel harmony-also saw that someone posted a video about it, combined with the "inflection" when it's about questions. Like.. "tapaamme" = We meet

In a question, if i want to ask you if we would meet at 9pm, it would be like:

Tapaammeko kello yhdeksäntoista?

But if i ask you about if you're at your girlfriends house, for example, her name is Hanna (easier if the name ends with "a" then a consonant) :

"Oletko sinä Hannanin talossa?" < Not really sure about this..

Can some kindhearted finnish mies ja naiset try to give some good examples when I should just "continue" on the word itself when asking questions or start over. Hard to explain.

Oletko sinä kotona?

VS

Syötkö sinä?

Got it? :wave:

/ Fridgepack

Had my third lesson of my course in finnish tonight. Can say that I'm really like "urge to learn"!

The hardest part so far must be the vowel harmony-also saw that someone posted a video about it, combined with the "inflection" when it's about questions. Like.. "tapaamme" = We meet

In a question, if i want to ask you if we would meet at 9pm, it would be like:

But if i ask you about if you're at your girlfriends house, for example, her name is Hanna (easier if the name ends with "a" then a consonant) :

"Oletko sinä Hannanin talossa?" < Not really sure about this..

Can some kindhearted finnish mies ja naiset try to give some good examples when I should just "continue" on the word itself when asking questions or start over. Hard to explain.

Oletko sinä kotona?

VS

Syötkö sinä?

Got it? :wave:

/ Fridgepack

9pm would be "kello kaksikymmentäyksi (21)"

Yhdeksäntoista is 7pm, but it's best to say "Tapaammeko kello yhdeksän". That's how people say it, if they're not speaking the spoken version of Finnish (Words are shortened), which would be "Tavataaks yheksält?" but don't try to learn this it's impossible.

"Oletko sinä Hannanin talossa?" would be "Oletko sinä Hannan talossa"

If someone owns something and their name ends in a vocal not a consonant it's just a "n" letter after the name. If it would be "Hannah" (Not a Finnish name but I couldn't come up with any consonant ending Finnish names) it would be "Oletko sinä Hannahin talossa" so if the name ends in vocal it's "n", and if it ends in a consonant it's "in".

Can some kindhearted finnish mies ja naiset try to give some good examples when I should just "continue" on the word itself when asking questions or start over.

Sorry, didn't get the question but, I'll tell you something else. Mies is man (Miehet is many of them), and nainen is woman (Naiset is many of them). You can make a plural (The one where there's a load of things like "hamsters") by adding t to the end, and sometimes like in nainen/naiset the rest of the word changes too, but with for example bike it's pyörä/pyörät.

Everything I didn't say something about is correct.