Angra - Secret Garden

broegaard

Jun 3, 2010
brasilia, Brazil
Listening to it right now.... Very Good album!!!!!!!!

01. Newborn Me
02. Black Hearted Soul
03. Final Light
04. Storm of Emotions
05. Violet Sky
06. Secret Garden
07. Upper Levels
08. Crushing Room
09. Perfect Symmetry
10. Silent Call

Fabio Leone fits perfectly the new songs....

I am supremely disappointed on what I have heard so far. Its not the music either, that seems to be back on track and in full awesomeness. Fabio's vocals are just not good, they really do not fit this band. Oh well

Bear

I am supremely disappointed on what I have heard so far. Its not the music either, that seems to be back on track and in full awesomeness. Fabio's vocals are just not good, they really do not fit this band. Oh well

Bear

Couldn't disagree more, and I am not simply being biased (I can point out when Angra releases a bad record... cough*Aqua*cough). They clearly wrote the songs with Fabio in mind. His vocals are top notch and fit the music on this album very well.

The only thing I wish for was *one* more fast power metal bruiser. The ones on the disc are great (Black Hearted Soul is freakin' amazing!), but one more would be sweet.

I just want to say that "Upper Levels" is not only the best song on the disc, but one of their best tunes ever. This is the proggier side of Angra that made me fall in love with them in the first place.

Of course, those that prefer the blazing speed/power will give me the middle finger.

Everyone has an opinion on this one. Most folks seem to be disappointed. Me? I think this one takes up where 'Angels Cry' left off. And I think Fabio's vocals fit the music perfectly. In fact, about my only complaint is the general "mellow" vibe of the disc. I would actually like to hear more of the heavier stuff...ala 'Newborn Me', 'Black Hearted Souls' and 'Perfect Symmetry'. That said, 'Storm of Emotions' is THE best metal 'ballad' I have heard all year...which is saying something as it had to knock Primal Fear 'Born With A Broken Heart' off the throne to claim that title. Awesome song.

I just want to say that "Upper Levels" is not only the best song on the disc, but one of their best tunes ever. This is the proggier side of Angra that made me fall in love with them in the first place.

I love 'Final Light' for the same reason.

Just grabbed this and I'm still digesting it. But based on what I've heard so far, I'd have to say this is a very strong disc.

Listening to it right now.... Very Good album!!!!!!!!

01. Newborn Me
02. Black Hearted Soul
03. Final Light
04. Storm of Emotions
05. Violet Sky
06. Secret Garden
07. Upper Levels
08. Crushing Room
09. Perfect Symmetry
10. Silent Call

Fabio Leone fits perfectly the new songs....

LOVING the album! The version I have has a cover of "Synchronicity II" by The Police, well done.

Couldn't disagree more, and I am not simply being biased (I can point out when Angra releases a bad record... cough*Aqua*cough). They clearly wrote the songs with Fabio in mind. His vocals are top notch and fit the music on this album very well.

The only thing I wish for was *one* more fast power metal bruiser. The ones on the disc are great (Black Hearted Soul is freakin' amazing!), but one more would be sweet.

One person's top notch is another's bottom rung. That being said there isn't one of Fabios past releases that I have even come close to liking, so there is that, personal preference. I will throw a big BUT in there just to say I am excited to see Rafael & Kiko play live again, one of the better live shows I have seen at PPUSA in the past on the Rebirth show and they were the coolest kats and it was awesome going out to dinner with them. The guitar playing is stellar. I will give this album fair listens as I get to it.

Bear

I've put my 2 cents here in case anyone cares.

I'll try to be more specific in some things that I consider to hold the album back.

- "Black Hearted Soul": It's a good song, but a totally recipe based one. I can sing parts from "Spread Your Fire" or "Nova Era" here and there. That's something that happens a lot in power metal (see Stratovarius or Gamma Ray for example) and the main reason I've stopped following this genre a lot.

- "Secret Garden": A song with only Simone singing and based on strings and keys? C'mon, that's not Angra, that's just a try to reach out to Epica's audience as well. At least it's a good track (though nothing exceptional).

- "Upper Levels": Totally the proggiest track and with some cool stuff, but when the verse starts I think Fabio tries to sing like Russell Allen and Angra are trying to sound more like Symphony X, than themselves. Oh and I think I've heard the intro before...

- "Crushing Room": Are Rafael's or Doro's vocals adding something really special that I'm missing?

- "Perfect Symmetry": Another typical, fast power metal song that will be totally forgotten over time.

That's another 2 cents from me (making it 4 cents in total actually).

I never judge an album by comparing to a previous release. I don´t expect to listen "THE BAND" or a follow-up CD. That´s why I listen to a new album from a band that I don´t like(give the new songs a chance).

I listen to so many cds and bands that I couldn´t care less about the band style!! For me is if the song/album is good is good.

It´s crazy to think(oh!!!! good song but this is not ....."name the band")

Then, I guess we don't have to listen to music in the same way.

I explain the reasons behind the things I don't really like on the album. I'm not forcing my opinion to anyone.

I haven't stopped listening to this band for 18-19 years. If I can claim that they have been something unique and special for metal music and if I can say that Kiko and Rafael have been one of the best guitar duos ever, then I guess I have a right to have high expectations from them.

I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I am enjoying the album and Fabio's singing. Not going to say that is gong to be a top 10 release for me, but I am liking it much more than I thought I would from the pre-release stuff.

Wow, listened to this tonight for the first time and I am really loving it. Much better than their last 2 outings! Upper Levels and Violet Sky are early favs!

Of course, those that prefer the blazing speed/power will give me the middle finger.
That being said... Are there any double bass burners on the new album?