artwork question?

May 9, 2003
One of the first things I noticed about this band that made me check them out was the cover of the album. The main reason I noticed the cover is because that creature on the front looks almost EXACTLY like the picture on a card in a card game I play called Shadowfist (yes I am a nerd so what? lol). The card is called Plasma Trooper, but, I was just wondering if you guys got the picture from that game (with permission of course) or maybe were inspired by it or what? Or is it just a coincidence? If it is just a coincidence I will be happy to find a link to a picture of the card, if I can find one...

symphonyXjapan said:
One of the first things I noticed about this band that made me check them out was the cover of the album. The main reason I noticed the cover is because that creature on the front looks almost EXACTLY like the picture on a card in a card game I play called Shadowfist (yes I am a nerd so what? lol). The card is called Plasma Trooper, but, I was just wondering if you guys got the picture from that game (with permission of course) or maybe were inspired by it or what? Or is it just a coincidence? If it is just a coincidence I will be happy to find a link to a picture of the card, if I can find one...

yeah dude, the artists name is Rob Alexander
there is a link to his website in the link section of www.pyramaze.com

symphonyXjapan said:

We have bought the rights for this artwork for the publishing of our album. But it's true that some 'magic' card game out there, also has the rights for it, for publishing of the card game that is. So that's why you have seen it both places.

:devil:

Wow, that's cool! Yeah the game is called Shadowfist though. My friend that orders me cd's was looking at albums to order and when I told him to look for Pyramaze he sees it and goes, "oh yeah, thats that album that has that one Shadowfist card on the cover". I didn't know if it was actually the picture or if it just looked a lot like it....of course I can't find the card now that I want to hehe. But that friend of mine knows the guy who owns that card game so it is just a funny coincidence imo. BTW, the name Rob Alexander does ring a bell so I think he is the guy who did the artwork for that "Plasma Trooper" card.

Just letting people know that I dug up that Plasma Trooper card and it is in fact the same picture. The artists name was Rob Alexander. So the game it is from is Shadowfist.