Balance of Power Announce New Singer

Wishmaster

Heavy Metal Llama!
Feb 20, 2002
Woodstock, GA
www.xsfl.com
(All information taken from the band's mailing list)

Balance Of Power have finally settled on a singer!

His name is Corey Brown, and he hails from Colorado. His prior projects include Magnitude 9 & Psycho Drama, as well as Redemption (whom he played with at ProgPower IV)

http://www.progpowerusa.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=879

The band are busy writing the new album, and are planning a few UK shows later in the year.

--Mike

Wishmaster said:

His name is Corey Brown, and he hails from Colorado. His prior projects include Magnitude 9 & Psycho Drama, as well as Redemption (whom he played with at ProgPower IV)

The band are busy writing the new album, and are planning a few UK shows later in the year.

--Mike

Ahhh Geeze.............Corey is fantastic singer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like him better than the John K. guy! I'd like to see Magnitude 9 play ProgPower soon!

Wishmaster said:

--Mike

Um....maybe I'm seeing things, but I'm pretty sure that's Ray Alder, who did a song with Redemption at PP4, not Corey Brown (who did the rest of their set, except for that one song).

Let me get this straight. Steel Prophet's singer sang for Redemption. Magnitude 9's singer sang live for Redemption at PP. Fates Warning's singer is now also Redemption's singer, while Magnitude 9's singer sings for Balance of Power. Balance of Power's singer went to Pyramaze, and their next singer is just gone . . .

Okay, I think I got it.

Corey Brown has a great voice, but I wonder if it'll soften BoP a bit. Lance has a great, and pretty unique voice. John K was a little harder, but still good. I love Magnitude 9, but Corey's vocals definitley seem more prog to me. I guess I'll have to wait and see (or hear).

Steve in Philly

Awesome choice; he is an incredible vocalist. Psycho Drama was great, and Corey kicks ass on Magnitude 9. I can actually see him in BoP; i just hope it isn't another short stint due to the fact that he is from the U.S. and the rest of the band are from the U.K. I thought that was part of the reason that Lance was axed, but we'll see i guess.

DarkOne said:
Let me get this straight. Steel Prophet's singer sang for Redemption. Magnitude 9's singer sang live for Redemption at PP. Fates Warning's singer is now also Redemption's singer, while Magnitude 9's singer sings for Balance of Power. Balance of Power's singer went to Pyramaze, and their next singer is just gone . . .

Okay, I think I got it.

Corey Brown has a great voice, but I wonder if it'll soften BoP a bit. Lance has a great, and pretty unique voice. John K was a little harder, but still good. I love Magnitude 9, but Corey's vocals definitley seem more prog to me. I guess I'll have to wait and see (or hear).

Steve in Philly

And the problem is? Just kidding....I feel like Corey will serve it up nicely. I just hope that he can work with those BOP guys, and not get frustrated an quit! They seem to be hard to work with, but we'll see.

Great news for both Corey and BOP. I think it will be an excellent fit. Don't know if Corey has the bombastic elements that John K brought to Heathen Machine, so I'm guessing the new material might be a little bit less agressive than Heathen Machine and more like Ten More Tales...

fantastic news that BOP have found their new man - great choice too with Corey. I wait with bated breath for the new release from these amazing guys and can't wait to see Corey front the band at the up coming shows scheduled later this year in the UK.
:wave:

DarkOne said:

Okay, I think I got it.

Steve in Philly

Actually, BOP is working with Udo's (Dirkschneider) management. They couldn't come up with an agreement when Lance first left and the went with John K. but it seems as though terms have become closer. Udo loves his band, but has been wanting to explore a more modern power/prog style for quite some time and is very interested in working with BOP.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Actually, BOP is working with Udo's (Dirkschneider) management. They couldn't come up with an agreement when Lance first left and the went with John K. but it seems as though terms have become closer. Udo loves his band, but has been wanting to explore a more modern power/prog style for quite some time and is very interested in working with BOP.
Bryant

Well, no one can accuse Udo of not singing with enough power. :)

Steve in Philly

pyramazekeyboardist said:
I dont think he was axed actually...

No, I don't know Lance or anything, but from what I've read about the situation, Lance wasn't axed.

I consider myself a BOP fan, but Lance contributed a positive change to that band between Book Of Secrets and Ten More Tales. The music as a whole flows so much better between those albums it isn't funny!

Basically, BOP suffered a great loss when Lance left the band, and should feel like they screwed up!

Burke said:
What the heck does this mean for Magnitude Nine?.........

Good question! I've wondered the same thing. Alot of these guys play in several bands though. Heck, look at Mike Terrana! How many bands does this guy drum for? 10 maybe....just kidding! :D

It's great that Corey's in Balance Of Power and all, but how long will this last? Just once, I'd like to see a really talented guy like him stick it out with a band. There are too many musicians in metal who get tossed around or jump around from band to band and never really get noticed.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al