Balance of Power Announce New Singer

Met-Al said:
It's great that Corey's in Balance Of Power and all, but how long will this last? Just once, I'd like to see a really talented guy like him stick it out with a band. There are too many musicians in metal who get tossed around or jump around from band to band and never really get noticed.

Met-Al

Hello all,

Sorry for a delay in responding to this thread (I know this thread is a bit of "old news" these days). I need to keep checking in on this board more often.

I thought I would forward Corey's thoughts that he wrote on our (Section XVI's) website regarding Balance of Power, Magnitude 9, and Section 16.

From our website:

"...Corey returns to lead Section 16 back into the studio in August to wrap up new tracks for Section 16's second anticipated release (no title as of press release). Corey stated in a recent interview, "Section 16 is my band at home in the U.S. We have a sound that is very different from that of Balance Of Power, and the fact that I have Section 16 and Balance of Power allows me to explore various styles of vocal techniques and delivery. I get to have multiple channels of creative output and work with some killer musicians at home and abroad, Section 16 is my primary focus, but the chance to play in Europe with a band as established and talented as Balance of Power was too hard to pass up!"

When asked about his involvement with Magnitude 9's next album, Brown said, "I am not sure that Rob (guitarist for Magnitude 9 ) is really interested in working on another album at this point. Rob has other projects that he wants to focus his energy on, and he is trying to pursue other avenues musically, such as instructional guitar videos and the like. The last time that I spoke with Rob about doing another Magnitude 9 album, Rob said, 'I am not sure if I personally want to do another Magnitude 9 CD. I want to go in a heavier direction. I no longer want to do a CHAOS TO CONTROL or REALITY IN FOCUS type CD with long drawn out 7 minute songs. I've been there, done that...' "

Corey concludes by stating, "The future of Magnitude 9 is unknown at this time. I told Rob that I am interested in putting out another album with Magnitude 9, but I am not sure about the direction that Rob wants to go, how it might affect the overall sound of the band, or if it would appeal to the musical tastes of Mag 9's fan base. I guess the proverbial ball is in Rob's court!"

So, I really don't know what's in store for Magnitude 9. Personally, I hope the wheels keep rolling. Corey is obviously expanding out with Balance of Power (who are very cool guys) and continuing on with Section XVI.

See everyone at ProgPower! This will be my first time...please don't be gentle!

Ian Ringler
Section XVI

Section16 said:
When asked about his involvement with Magnitude 9's next album, Brown said, "I am not sure that Rob (guitarist for Magnitude 9 ) is really interested in working on another album at this point. Rob has other projects that he wants to focus his energy on, and he is trying to pursue other avenues musically, such as instructional guitar videos and the like. The last time that I spoke with Rob about doing another Magnitude 9 album, Rob said, 'I am not sure if I personally want to do another Magnitude 9 CD. I want to go in a heavier direction. I no longer want to do a CHAOS TO CONTROL or REALITY IN FOCUS type CD with long drawn out 7 minute songs. I've been there, done that...' "

Corey concludes by stating, "The future of Magnitude 9 is unknown at this time. I told Rob that I am interested in putting out another album with Magnitude 9, but I am not sure about the direction that Rob wants to go, how it might affect the overall sound of the band, or if it would appeal to the musical tastes of Mag 9's fan base. I guess the proverbial ball is in Rob's court!"
Section XVI

Ahhhhhhh fuck nuts.......:cry:

I really liked "Reality in Focus", but thought "decoding the Soul" was lackluster. If their hearts are in it, I'd love another M9 CD. If Rob would prefer to do other things, than it's best they move on.

Zod

I thought "Decoding" was their best, and I'd be dissapointed if they decide to disband M9. I've enjoyed all three of their discs, and they rank as one of my favorites over the past 5 years or so.

Britt

General Zod said:
Really? I didn;t know you felt so strongly about it. I thought the melodies were lacking, and I didn;t care much for the production. I preferred the sound of "Reality".

Zod
I think it was my #5 favorite for 2004. I took to it right away. I thought it was very good. I seem to recall you saying last year that you were digging it, but perhaps as time went on your mind changed.

Britt

I liked the more 'progressive' arrangements of the songs on REALITY better, but liked the prodcution better on DECODING.

Decoding at first left me dissapointed because I thought the song arrangements were a little too basic and repetitive - but something very weird happened.... for some damn reason I couldn;t get the thing out of my CD player and somehow, it became one of my most spun discs of the year I got it..... :Spin:

'Try To Find a Reason' is just a kick-ass tune....

DarkTide said:
I think it was my #5 favorite for 2004. I took to it right away. I thought it was very good. I seem to recall you saying last year that you were digging it, but perhaps as time went on your mind changed.
I thought is was pretty good when it first came out. However, I haven't spun it since the weeks following it's release.

Zod

General Zod said:
Really? I didn;t know you felt so strongly about it. I thought the melodies were lacking, and I didn;t care much for the production. I preferred the sound of "Reality".

Zod

Zod, it sounds like you prefer raw production for them over the real slick stuff. IMO, the rawness of Reality didn't hold M9's sound back at all. Decoding just flat out thumps though!