• Bathory

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Myrkskog

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Mortiis

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
arcturus is black metal?! maybe there first cd, but i'd hardly call la masquearade infernale or the sham mirrors black metal.

i don't like black metal as a genre, but i sometimes i'm in the mood for some emperor.

Originally posted by LiB
me wants cradle of filth :headbang:

You are kidding right? The only thing black in the metal Cradle plays is Danni's black nail polish.

My vote for Emperor, they just have matured and grown so well from Wrath of the Tyrant to Promethius. Anthems is probablly one of the if not the greatest black metal albums of all time. I love Immortal too, but their new album is ehhh.

Wow, this is VERY hard considering Black metal is my FAVORITE genre. But I have to go with the almight former rulers of the throne...... EMPEROR

Tough choice between Bathory and Darkthrone. I guess I'll go with Darkthrone for their four amazing black metal albums beat Bathory's two groundbreaking albums and one good Venom worship album. Beherit would get my vote if they'd be here.,

A someone else said I disagree with the term black metal for a few of these bands such as: Arcturus (only the first is bm), Ulver (only the first and the third, if you told Garm now that Ulver are a bm band he would roll on the floor laughing), Zyklon (they play death metal not black metal), Mortiis (the guy plays ambient for fuck's sake).

From the list I have to choose Darkthrone, but I believe you have left out the two best black metal band today: Thorns and Dodheimsgard. My vote would go to either of them without any thought. Oh, Satyricon should also be on the list.