Black Friday deals?

Loren : you can get an ilok with a slate purchase, he ships them himself

I would say the thing to get at the moment is the soundtoys bundle because it is cheap, and includes update to V5 which is likely to happen this year.

Yeah for the price of an ilok 2 right? Meh pass.

I'll get one eventually, but an extra $50 just to snag some sale shit isn't worth it to me.

As far as everything else, meh I have a shit load of paid for plugins already.

The only things I was kind of hopeing to do today were:

1. K9u upgrade to K10u
2. EZ mix 2 (did get)
3. Was sort of hoping for a cheaper price on SSD4 plat (I know $99 is a good price, but it's been offered at that before)
4. Upgrade from Addictive v1 to v2 (did do that as well, $40 is a no brainer)

Also picked up recab 4 a couple days ago when it was on sale.

hehe yeah that slate vmr+one plug for 199usd kinda is annoying for me as well. Could have ended saving a bit of cash, not a whole lot but yeah, cash is cash.
Wouldnt have thought they'd do a sale like this with a plugin that new. the more you know.

So now I learned that even if introduction prices of slate a sweet, I'll never buy any of they're stuff on at any other time than this weekend :p
(even if they have nice sales in between as well that arent that far off from black friday/cyb monday deals)

edit: well scratch that, actually with the audio deluxe gift cards you get I come around the same price as the vtm+plugin thing. all good haha
Still could be wise to sit out the normal deals and wait for black frida. normal slate sales are really reasonable anyway though, so whatever.

30% Off All Stuff at:
www.roomsound.com

509f9273-19b7-4ade-b807-95e76ff95730.jpg

3. Was sort of hoping for a cheaper price on SSD4 plat (I know $99 is a good price, but it's been offered at that before)

Especially that the engine is still 1.1 for 2 years now, no chance of bugfixes or added functionality, and UI still looks like an outdated beta, so yes it should be cheaper. I found that I still use the EX samples for metal, and not much from the Platinum part. there were rumors about SSD5 as it was in the Sweetwater calatog so I would just wait for that or get the EX for now.

It requires an iLok now, but on the bundle page it says iLok optional, and they're updating from V4 to V5 soon so it might be worth sending them an email to double check, but I guess they may be able to be activated without an iLok key on V5. Microshift already doesn't need an iLok key, but you need an iLok account I think.

Ahh, maybe that's what they mean then. Pretty sure I have an account but no dongle or whatever.

Especially that the engine is still 1.1 for 2 years now, no chance of bugfixes or added functionality, and UI still looks like an outdated beta, so yes it should be cheaper. I found that I still use the EX samples for metal, and not much from the Platinum part. there were rumors about SSD5 as it was in the Sweetwater calatog so I would just wait for that or get the EX for now.

To be honest I only use trigger for the most part and I pretty much only use samples that are not slate when I do. :lol:

^ I almost bought the SSD package for that price but realized I would be better off with Trigger packages again to add up to my collection. I tend to rather use slate samples to augment shells as opposed to snare drumkits anyway

By the way, Tony had his website down yesterday due to heavy loads (plugindiscount.com) it redirects now to highprofileaudio.com and he migrated the databases there, although he wars that for some people you might need to register again. Seems like my account is working fine.

http://highprofileaudio.com/plugindiscounts/index.php?id_category=7&controller=category

EDIT : all BF deals aren't update yet, looks like he is hand-updating the products at the moment
EDIT2: Tony told me on products which are not listed in his special update page, prices are still wrong, and the missing manufacturers will be added along the way, maybe even tomorrow.

Hey guys! Just picked up Waves gold bundle for an astonishing 147$!
If you register to http://audiodeluxe.com/ and buy it through there you get an additional 50$ discount on top of the already ridiculous price.
I think that goes to all BF sales btw, so definitely worth checking out.

Bit pissed off this black friday tbh, bought VMR from PluginDiscounts, wanted to use the $20 voucher that came with it to pick up something else but their website went down, they moved to a temporary server and they now can't generate vouchers until after they move back to a permanent one, which wont happen until after the sale is finished.

The owner is giving away plugins on forums/facebook to keep people on the hook, but I'm feeling a bit pissed as I actually want to spend some money and have been given no recourse, whereas other people are being given shit for free just for liking a Facebook post.

Should have stuck with Audiodeluxe :-/ Licence delivery isn't quite as quick as PD (which was literally instantaneous! props to them for that) but at least last year I got the use my voucher during the sale.

EDIT: Aaaand if I'd gone to Audiodeluxe I would have got that UVI piano free too, fuck sake.

Yep the plugindiscount thing annoyed me as well. Gave away some Waves gold licenses or something. I'm still waiting for the license for fabfilter plugins on my end. I understand his problem but still.

Credit where it's due, Tony has said if I pay the sale price now he'll refund me the voucher value later in the week once things have settled down. Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess.

Thinking about buying SSD4 Platinum, but I'm thrown off by the cymbals...I know the shells/drums in SSD4 probably kick ass (like his other stuff IMO), but I'm not sure about the cymbals in SSD4....I did a forum search for almost 2 hours, but couldn't really find anything....Any help???

Thanks in advance!!!

Soooooo,
My black Friday didn't quite go to plan either although I did pick up a few plugins but could have got better deals all round than I ended up with.

Is anything on for Cyber Monday?

haha

Thinking about buying SSD4 Platinum, but I'm thrown off by the cymbals...I know the shells/drums in SSD4 probably kick ass (like his other stuff IMO), but I'm not sure about the cymbals in SSD4....I did a forum search for almost 2 hours, but couldn't really find anything....Any help???

Thanks in advance!!!

I have ssd4 and yeah, the cymbals are not the best out there. Totally prefer SD2 Avatar...
On the other side, the good thing about SSD4 is the routing, becouse if you layer samples you can assing multiple outputs and all working with midi should be easier than in trigger