Black Veil Brides - st

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
It's hard for me to admit this in public but what the fucking hell. These new songs rule!!! They are much more metal and far less glam/emo than before. I never gave two shits for these dudes before but I'm intrigued for this album now. They sound a lot like Trivium now so if you hate them you'll probably still hate BVB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not a fan until the last album. They definitely seem to have learned how to write some good songs or hired someone who can. I'm taking my niece to see them in a few weeks and am interested to see how they are live.

I heard some of their early stuff. Found it to be typical emo-ish mallcore. However, this new disc is quite interesting to me. It seems they have transitioned from teen girl metal into a mainstream hard rock sound. Kind of like if Daughtry were heavier. And I mean that as a compliment. Pretty good stuff imo.

Not too familiar with their previous albums but I quite enjoy this new disc for the most part. Vocals are almost all melodic and this is mostly good catchy hard rock/melodic metal.

BLACK VEIL BRIDES TO RELEASE LIVE DVD IN JUNE

Hot on the heels of their recently released self-titled fourth album via Lava/Republic Records, Black Veil Brides have announced the release of the first live DVD of their career. The DVD is slated for release in June 2015 and is taken from the band’s sold-out hometown show in Los Angeles at the Wiltern Theater on November 1st. The show was part of the band’s inaugural Halloweekend event as part of The Black Mass Tour. The DVD was directed by Casey Tebo, known for his work on the acclaimed Aerosmith documentary, Rock For The Rising Sun. Pre-order packages for the live DVD will be announced soon.

I'm with everyone else.
I used to say bleh to BVB but now I say, "Their most recent cd is quite decent!"

My only complaint is the songs seem to have a base layer of speed/agressive music, but then halfway through the songs I find myself wanting more aggression out of the vocals.

Somebody mentioned the album artwork...is that like a transformers batman? Thats what it looks like to me.

That is a tiny complaint on a more than impressive album, though. I'll take more notice of these guys going forward.

BLACK VEIL BRIDES ANNOUNCE BLACK MASS 2015 TOUR DATES; NORTH AMERICAN RUN SLATED FOR FEBRUARY WITH MEMPHIS MAY FIRE, GHOST TOWN

While the current sold-out Black Mass tour rolls on, Black Veil Brides have announced another string of dates scheduled for next February. The 18-city Black Mass 2015 tour kicks off on February 5th in Richmond, VA and wraps up on March 1st in San Diego, CA. The tour will make select stops in the United States before crossing over the border in to Canada for the bands long-awaited return north. The band will be playing nine shows in Canada making stops Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver to name a few before returning to the United States for the final four shows. Opening the Black Mass 2015 shows will be special guests Memphis May Fire and Ghost Town. Tickets for the Black Mass 2015 will be on-sale on Friday November 14th via ticketmaster.com.

p196ihhppdij115c31kcv1sur1v6i4.jpg

Black Veil Brides' live schedule ca be found at this location.

Saw them last week and thought they put on a pretty good show. The opening bands were definitely aimed at a much younger demographic than me, so I listened to a song or 2 from each one and then went back to my audiobook for the rest of their set. The floor was as packed as I've ever seen it, but the bar area was basically the parents waiting room with plenty of room to move around.

Last edited by a moderator: