Blind Guardian TIX on sale tomorrow for ATL!

Atlanta folks who are attending, be sure to wear a PPUSA t-shirt to that show.
Glenn, you're exempt.
Palabra de Dios, so are you, since you can wear your ultra-kvlt Lykathea Aflame t-shirt. :heh:

Most likely I'll be attending. I'm Atlanta folk, but I won't be wearing a PP t-shirt. Not bringing any dirt pudding either Paul sorry.

On the topic of wearing shirts not appropriate for the show you're attending, I wore this shirt to the BG show in Mass. I got quite a few odd looks. I guess bright orange isn't appropriate for metal shows. I just find it funny when people against conformity look down on someone not wearing a black metal t-shirt to a show. Personally, I don't like wearing my metal shirts to shows because I like to keep them in good condition. Being crushed in a crowd full of sweaty guys is surely not a way for that to happen and it's much easier to replace $10 t-shirts than ones that cost me $25+.

On the topic of wearing shirts not appropriate for the show you're attending, I wore this shirt to the BG show in Mass. I got quite a few odd looks. I guess bright orange isn't appropriate for metal shows. I just find it funny when people against conformity look down on someone not wearing a black metal t-shirt to a show. Personally, I don't like wearing my metal shirts to shows because I like to keep them in good condition. Being crushed in a crowd full of sweaty guys is surely not a way for that to happen and it's much easier to replace $10 t-shirts than ones that cost me $25+.

Maybe they weren't all odd looks. I'd probably squint in an effort to figure out what the design was. Especially in a venue where it might be kind of dark.

Maybe they weren't all odd looks. I'd probably squint in an effort to figure out what the design was. Especially in a venue where it might be kind of dark.

This was outside in line where there was plenty of street lighting. Inside we were all far too squished to see anything beyond the shoulders and head of anybody.

Incidentally, normally I'm a big fan of wearing shirts that stand out or are unusual.....e.g., I'll wear a Cruxshadows t-shirt to a metal show or a CoF shirt to a lighter show, and damn the weird looks. :heh:

But with so many of us PP folks in attendance, it'd be fun to 'show the flag' a bit.

I just hope the weather is favorable for t-shirt wearing, seems like it's going to be uncomfortably cold.

OK, I'm showing my age here, but I lived in Murfreesboro from 1989-90, then spent another 9 years in Nashville. Sorry to hear the local music scene sucks now. In the early 90s, you could pretty much count on a great local band performing somewhere in the area on any given Friday or Saturday night. A few favorites (that I can still remember...) were 15 Strings, Simmonz, Ballistic Whiplash, Numbskull, and Familiar Stranger. Ah, those were the days!

Haha I can't remember the last time I actually would go out to see a really good local band around here! Occasionally me and my bandmates will go out to see what kind of metal bands are around, but it's usually the same crap everywhere. Hence one of the many reasons why we have band practices on Saturday night. ;)

For anyone that wants to chat with me at the show, I'll probably be hanging out with a couple bandmates, my brother, my dad, and Kelley. :kickass: Just look for the Oblivion Myth band shirts (Either my guitarist or my friend Lee will be wearing one, you can't miss it)! I'll probably wear my Nightwish shirt or something I suppose.

Of course, there's no mistaking my fat head!

Haha be nice to yourself Greg! ;)

... Just look for the Oblivion Myth band shirts (Either my guitarist or my friend Lee will be wearing one, you can't miss it)! I'll probably wear my Nightwish shirt or something I suppose.

hey, bring me one of those O:M shirts and I'll proudly wear it! :headbang: I'll even pay you for it.

uh, just make sure it's a XXL. :oops: ...and bring a Medium for the.lost.hatter so he doesn't get jealous. :lol:

hey, bring me one of those O:M shirts and I'll proudly wear it! :headbang: I'll even pay you for it.

uh, just make sure it's a XXL. :oops: ...and bring a Medium for the.lost.hatter so he doesn't get jealous. :lol:

Well I would, but I'm not sure if we have anymore! Keith Smith only had a few made, so I think he's going to get some more made soon. I'll check with him though! But I'm not bringing one for you unless I can bring one for Patrick, too, otherwise their might be some jealousy problems in the family HAHA. :lol:

As a warning to those going to this show, it might be happening on the coldest night of Atlanta's winter this year, with temperatures ranging from 17-23F overnight Friday night. For Atlanta, that's COLD. (Shaddup, Minnesotans and Canadians and upstate New Yorkians, I know that's balmy to y'all. It's fucking cold for here. :) )

Plan ahead, wear something warm (alas, I don't think the venue has a coat-check), and be sure your car is winterized. It'll be below freezing for the duration of the show and into Saturday.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :erk:

Damn... speedo and batman cape is out I guess. There goes my well thought out wardrobe plans :loco:

As a warning to those going to this show, it might be happening on the coldest night of Atlanta's winter this year, with temperatures ranging from 17-23F overnight Friday night. For Atlanta, that's COLD. (Shaddup, Minnesotans and Canadians and upstate New Yorkians, I know that's balmy to y'all. It's fucking cold for here. :) )

Plan ahead, wear something warm (alas, I don't think the venue has a coat-check), and be sure your car is winterized. It'll be below freezing for the duration of the show and into Saturday.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :erk:

Jibrille, what kind of shows are you going to anyway? :err: The worst thing for me about going to concerts with the exception of progpower is the freakin' smoke! That's what I despise!

Jibrille, what kind of shows are you going to anyway? :err: The worst thing for me about going to concerts with the exception of progpower is the freakin' smoke! That's what I despise!

Up here, venues are smoke free. :)
Shows at the Palladium usually entail moshers, crowd surfers, and a lot of people that push to get up front so that the only thing you can do is go with the momentum. I made sure to throw an elbow into someone's back at the BG show who had repeatedly pushed forward to like the 4th row and then crowd surfed out. I don't so much care about the crowd surfing (though it does suck to have someone land on your head because of a bunch of people's audaciousness in having the urge to watch the concert and not pay attention behind them) but the pushing is just ridiculous. At one point there was a kid who had to be 13 (and a Harry Potter look-a-like to boot) that was right in front of me and kept on getting tossed around. I give him props for staying the entire set. I've actually been to a show where a whole 1/4th of the crowd fell over because of people pushing. Granted Webster (in CT) had oversold the show by at least a few hundred tickets.
To give you an idea about the Blind Guardian show, the front rows were so packed in that when people clapped in the air, your elbows were usually glued to the people next to you. Which is pretty gross when there's guys around you who's shirts are soaking wet from sweat.