Borknagar to play at Rockefeller?

Was great being back at stage again.
And what a huge surprise to find our friends from Emperor waiting in the backstage when we got off stage.
Many thanx to those who had found their way there to support us, you guys are the biggest reason we all do this :O
------Jens

Here's some pictures I found of Emperor playing last night: http://photobucket.com/albums/y196/xmetalerinx/
And some other news about them:
Several photos of EMPEROR's surprise performance at Scream's 15-year anniversary party at Oslo, Norway's Rockefeller Friday night (Sept. 30) have been posted online at this location (all photos were taken by EMPEROR guitarist Samoth's wife Erin).

As previously reported, EMPEROR reunited after four years to play a surprise three-song set at Scream's anniversary event. Samoth told producer Patrizia Mazzuoccolo of the Norwegian metal radio show "Tinitus" that last night's performance was "a short teaser that we are using to announce full headline shows we are doing next year. This is a cooler way of announcing them instead of telling people through our web site." It was announced last night after the band's set that EMPEROR will headline the Inferno festival (April 13-15, 2006) in Oslo, Norway and Wacken Open Air (August 3-5, 2006 in Wacken, Germany) next year.

The illustrious black metal band, whose split in 2001 took the scene by surprise, performed three tracks — "The Loss And Curse Of Reverence", "I Am The Black Wizards", "Inno A Satana" — and received a rapturous welcome by an ecstatic crowd.

An exclusive brand-new interview with EMPEROR (conducted in English) will be aired on "Tinitus" on Wednesday, October 5 on Norwegian national radio channel P3. "Tinitus" is on every Wednesday from 20:00 (8:00 p.m.) to 22:00 (10:00 p.m.) on P3. The show is also available on the Internet: www.nrk.no/tinitus.

That was one damn fine evening... Even though I almost fell asleep inside Rockefeller after Borknagar had played, had been up and about way too long. My first visit to Norway, and I liked it. Oslo is a very nice city, even though it got cold as hell when I left Rockefeller to head for the busterminal.

I did get in using my friend's id, which rocked. The gig was awesome...

Setlist; not in proper order though, a bit fuzzy on that.

The Genuine Pulse, Colossus, Future Reminesince, Ruins of the Future, Ad Noctum, Oceans Rise, The Dawn of the End, The Eye of Oden, Inherit the Earth. Did I forget anything?

Btw, Impressed by the crazy gal in the middle :p

Got home yesterday and went almost straight to a friend's birthday party, drank half a bottle of whiskey and colapsed when I got home. So damn tired.

Yeah, I did see Emperor, and that was great too, but after Borknagar I got tired very fast... So I didn't bounce around as much as I would have, had I been fit for it. But that evening was worth every penny I paid for it. And that was almost 1000 sek! So yeah!

Nick_Perrin said:
What songs did Borknagar play?

The Genuine Pulse
Oceans Rise
Inherit The Earth
The Black Token
Future Reminiscence
Gods Of My World
The Eye Of Oden
Ruins Of The Future
Colossus
As Noctum
Dawn Of The End

Gaunerin said:
The Genuine Pulse
Oceans Rise
Inherit The Earth
The Black Token
Future Reminiscence
Gods Of My World
The Eye Of Oden
Ruins Of The Future
Colossus
As Noctum
Dawn Of The End

AWESOME!! Man, too bad Bork's not a full band anymore, and thus won't be touring largely around the world...
I would love to see them live.... and get to hear mr. v sing colossus.. It would make my day.. no, my life!
But I can't just go to Oslo from Toronto, Canada on such short notice.

Anyway sounds sweet, what is this DVD you speak of Asgeir?

Which was the lineup of both bands, Borknagar and Emperor? Did Tyr play with one (none or both) of them? Just curious.

Gaunerin said:
The Genuine Pulse
Oceans Rise
Inherit The Earth
The Black Token
Future Reminiscence
Gods Of My World
The Eye Of Oden
Ruins Of The Future
Colossus
As Noctum
Dawn Of The End

Could use a few more Epic songs ;) I still have not seen any pics from this show. Anyone know of a place that has some?

It was a great concert. Im impressed over Vintersorgs voice, and the tightness of the band, concidering they havent played live for two years.