Chance of rain in Atlanta

I wish I could say things were crazy here at GT, but life is normal since we live in a bubble. They haven't cancelled school at Tech since 9/11 (or so I've heard). We did get to see some sunshine today though! Hopefully Atlanta has seen the worst of it.

More Darwinian bravado by Atlanta drivers today:

Not surprising. Saw a couple folks turn through the barriers onto Azalea yesterday. I desperately need to go to Lowe's (my laundry shelf fell down) yet somehow I decided I can wait until tomorrow. :rolleyes: I was going to start back with my running/walking routine today, but since I go down by the river, I guess that's out. It's probably all sewage down by the treatment plant. :( I'll be damned if I'm going to find out though. :p

From MSN, this is Six Flags.

ss-090922-georgia-flood1-01.ss_full.jpg

Wow.

People tend to forget that the Chattahoochie River is literally right behind the park. I've seen the park flood before with the Mind Bender partially underwater...kinda wondering how bad it was at the front of the park.

Here's hoping everyone is OK. The Hoyts, Pellaz, et all who haven't checked in yet.

I'm fine, and there was little or no serious flooding up by my house in Barrow County.

Hoyt and Patrick are west of Atlanta, and that area was hardest-hit. Much of Douglasville was without water and/or power and the freeway near there, I-20, was closed in both directions as late as this afternoon.

Wouldn't be the first time. I think there was a sinkhole downtown that swallowed a building (hence why they're redoing all the sewer pipes).

The most famous sinkhole downtown swallowed a car, and the lady inside.
She died.

Ready for this? It happened in the parking lot of our own Courtyard by Marriott across the freeway from ProgPower.
:OMG:

"And now you know....the rest of the story."

Yep. The leading edge of the New, Improved Rainstorm (tm) is just about to arrive overhead here, but it's been affecting the NW suburbs for a few hours already.

Yay.
And I forgot to re-Rain-X my windshield.
Again.

I didn't see anything severe last night, and don't think we will tonight either. At least Saturday is supposed to be party sunny for the beerfest!