CHILDREN OF BODOM Guitarist ALEXI LAIHO To Release Instructional DVD

Finpower

Niinku Perkele
Jun 6, 2007
[Fin]

Rock House, the leader in music instruction, has announced that Alexi Laiho of the Finnish metal band CHILDREN OF BODOM, has joined its roster of instructors. Alexi will be featured in a comprehensive instructional DVD that will be jam-packed with the fundamental techniques that have propelled him to the status of one of today's most noted guitar players. The content of his instructional program will focus on helping aspiring players develop the skills needed to play Alexi's style. The program will be geared toward intermediate to advanced players. Production starts in January 2008 with a release date slated for March or April 2008.

Alexi's DVD will come with a FREE lesson booklet and membership to Rock House's lesson support site at www.rockhousemethod.com. This feature, exclusive to Rock House and its partners, offers students supplementary support for the lessons featured on the DVD. Once registered, students can interact with the community, utilize the additional learning tools and access the special features

Alexi's instructional DVD will be available at MI retailers around the world for $24.99.

Alexi Laiho joins Rock House's roster of instructors on the cusp of the release of "Blooddrunk", CHILDREN OF BODOM's wildly-anticipated new full length album. Set for an April 2008 street date, the record is said to be the band's "strongest and most advanced recording to date" and features a cutting edge take on COB's enthralling mix of modern metal, melodic hooks and guitar acrobatics.

Alexi, who has his own model ESP guitar, made Guitar World's list of the top 100 metal guitarist of all time in 2004 and appeared on the cover of Guitar World in January 2005 with Steve Vai and Zakk Wylde.

Hailing from Finland, Alexi started playing when he was about 11 years old and has dedicated his life to creating music and developing his technique. He is known for his incredible six-string momentum and melodic speed along with stern vocal strength.

Rock House has developed an accelerated yet easy-to-use system of learning that utilizes the functionality of DVD and print, integrated with the accessibility of the Internet. Aspiring musicians who have a product produced by Rock House receive free membership to www.rockhousemethod.com for 24-7 lesson support. Students use this fully interactive lesson site along with their product to enhance their learning experience, expand their knowledge, link them with instructors, and connect with a community of people around the world who are learning to play music using The Rock House Method.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Start out with the 3 string arpehhhhgio.

Here's the repeating Zakk Wylde pentatonic lick.

Here's the sweepy diminished thing.

You know?

That said, I'll check it out when it's released.

^Theres worse... I mean look at Yngwie ( i dont think hes good...it seems like he is just shredding :lol:) Michael Romeo got so complex stuff that even his slowed down versions don't help that much and then he just says "a little faster" and plays it at the fucking speed of light:lol::lol: I think its pretty hilarious.

Meaning it distracted me from his learning :lol: Nah srsly...he's a good teacher. Another good teacher is that guitarist at UG whose name is Kristoffer Dahl.

Maybe I'll buy it, but everyone knows that Alexi is pretty much a bad teacher :p.

^Theres worse... I mean look at Yngwie ( i dont think hes good...it seems like he is just shredding :lol:) Michael Romeo got so complex stuff that even his slowed down versions don't help that much and then he just says "a little faster" and plays it at the fucking speed of light:lol::lol: I think its pretty hilarious.

PG = the best overall in terms of teaching and playing

As i've said before: Guitar playing is pretty much the only subject where people expect you to be able to teach at the same level as you play, but we all know that it's not that simple.

Alexi is a bad teacher, but an awesome player, even though i myself prefer others. Michael Romeo is an even better player, but just as bad of a teacher. PG on the other hand is actually a real teacher.

But i'll still check it out!

Michael Romeo got so complex stuff that even his slowed down versions don't help that much and then he just says "a little faster" and plays it at the fucking speed of light:lol::lol: I think its pretty hilarious.

Rofl man that cracked me up. I know exactly what you mean.

Ben Johnson said:
Start out with the 3 string arpehhhhgio.

Here's the repeating Zakk Wylde pentatonic lick.

Here's the sweepy diminished thing.

You know?

That said, I'll check it out when it's released.

Hahaha, true that. I'll check out the DVD mostly from a fan's standpoint rather than - trying to improve my technique. Because I know it probably won't help me one bit in that perspective.