Dali's Dilemma?

Mavros

\m/etal
Dec 15, 2009
GA
anyone have any information on this group?

I was listening to my Ark station on last fm and their song Ashen Days popped up. It sounds stellar. I've never heard of these guys previously and I'd rather hear from some people on their opinions than look anything up online. I trust the ears here on the forum enough to form an opinion on what most of you say and provide on bands.

Dali's Dilemma was a very good prog metal album back when Magna Carta was THE essential prog label. My only critique would be that there are five more songs like Ashen Days on that album. Like many prog bands of the period, they had one speed for the whole album. No fast parts, very few slow parts, just the same tempo throughout.

The only thing I can add is that their drummer, Jeremy Colson, has been playing with Steve Vai's band for years.

But their one and only cd is great. Alot of their technical musical parts sound very vintage DT, but from me thats not a criticism.

Matt Guillory was also on that album. He also played on John West's first solo album.

I wonder what happened to the other guys in that band? Every one of them was a great talent.

such a waste...I would have enjoyed to see what else these guys would have come up with.

I was never a huge prog fan, but during the dark ages of the mid-90s when metal was at its lowest ebb, those prog bands were like manna from heaven. If it wasn't for Magna Carta, I would have had very little to listen to back then. Other metal labels existed, but Magna Carta was one of only a few labels where an American fan could easily purchase metal CDs. I'm sure there were other record companies and retailers, but they weren't all that easy to find like they are now. Plus now, if a CD simply is not available in the US, you can hear it on Youtube or download it.

Geez, I used to even dig Magellan back then, and that's one group I probably wouldn't even give the time of day to now. I'm totally a powerhead now.

So essential you got the name wrong?

If you're looking for the lone Dali's Dilemma album, you ought to be looking for Manifesto for Futuriusm.
Sorry...that's what happens when you listen to Elegy non-stop a month. I stand by my initial post, though. Manifesto is arguably the most essential DT-inspired prog metal disc, ever.

Matt Guillory was also on that album. He also played on John West's first solo album.

I wonder what happened to the other guys in that band? Every one of them was a great talent.

matt bradley sings on craig goldys solo album, better late than never.
released on shrapnel records in 95.

Awesome band.
And awesome reference to the catalan painter and modernist: Salvador Dalí.

Sorry...that's what happens when you listen to Elegy non-stop a month. I stand by my initial post, though. Manifesto is arguably the most essential DT-inspired prog metal disc, ever.

I'd give that award to any one of these over that...

Pagan's Mind - Celestial Entrance
Dreamscape - End Of Silence
Dominici - A Trilogy Part 2
Dominici - A Trilogy Part 3