Dark Passion Play - new Nightwish CD

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005
www.nightwish.com

Nightwish's upcoming album will be called "Dark Passion Play". It will be released by Nuclear Blast on September 28th, by Spinefarm Records / Universal on September 26th and by Roadrunner Records on September 28th.

The tracklist reads as follows:

1. The Poet And The Pendulum
2. Bye Bye Beautiful
3. Amaranth
4. Cadence Of Her Last Breath
5. Master Passion Greed
6. Eva
7. Sahara
8. Whoever Brings The Night
9. For The Heart I Once Had
10. The Islander
11. Last Of The Wilds
12. 7 Days To The Wolves
13. Meadows Of Heaven

The album cover artwork.
cover_dpp.jpg

Even before that date, on August 24th (Nuclear Blast) and on August 22nd (Spinefarm/Universal), the single "Amaranth" will be released. It will come in different versions, their tracklists will be announced later.

The single cover artwork:
cover_amaranth.jpg

"Bye Bye Beautiful"? Lol, they've had songs with funnier titles than that which have turned out to be good, so I guess I'll hold off on judgment. :)

I cannot wait till Sept (or Oct when the tour is).... though I imagine most of us will have heard the album long before then... *whistles*

This CD is gonna kick some SERIOUS ass! I cannot wait for the shows in Philly and NYC.

I am just a slight concerned with "Poet" going first. I do not know if the casual fan is gonna be able to put up with a 14 minute epic so early.

I'm attending the Boston show for sure. Philly is up in the air because my friend I would stay with may not be living there come October. :cry:
I really wanted to make a fun vacation of it, too.

Too bad I have to work. If I didn't, I would be at EVERY US Nightwish show after this CD.

I gues Therion would have had to wait! :D