Define nu-metal

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Okay, what does everyone think nu-metal is? I was under the impression that it was just the rap-metal crap bands like Limp Bizkit, Korn, etc, but apparently it includes other styles. So, what the hell is it? For example, I never considered Kittie to be nu-metal. Mediocre death metal with stupid lyrics, yes, but not nu-metal. Come to find out it is generally considered nu-metal. Anyone care to clarify the nu-metal moniker, because I am hearing several different styles being categorized the same?

Pop music played on guitars. Singers must have absoulutely no vocal range, or ability to write intelligent lyrics. Guitarists must play no more than 6 power chords on an album, and no more than 2 power chords on a riff. Lead guitarists are not allowed. Bassists must play repetitive hiphop beats. Drummers must play the slowest most repetitive shit possible, with NO blastbeats. And of course a DJ and/or rapper doesn't hurt.

It's where they jump around alot in Adidas tracksuits and sing about how their daddy touched their wee-wee when they were little, then the cry and the yell and then start jumping again.

and the little kids up the front are all jumping with em,so they can be cool and hip.

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
oh, ok, so Kittie aren't nu-metal (since they have no wee-wee's :) ). Please don't misunderstand and think I'm a huge Kittie fan, but I do think they have some good songs. And I was surprised to see them lumped with Limp Bizkit and Korn since they are very musically different. And now I wanna know why.

They still play simple Korn style riffs, and have lame lyrics.

hahah, you sorry sad fucks. Something for ya:

Puya
Sevendust
Eldritch
Haji's Kitchen
Stuck Mojo
Machine Head

...some of the talented Nu Metal bands. Fuck off with your stupidity and fucking tr00-ness GET A FUCKIN CLUE AND STOP THINKING YOU ARE ELITE BECAUSE YOU LISTEN TO SOME OBSCURE BANDS. YOU ARE A USED DOUCHE BAG.

oh... to answer your question... I define Nu Metal as groove based metal that almost always uses a 7 string. Rapping or DJ's is not essential. I consider bands like Tool, Nothingface, and old Machine Head Nu Metal even though a lot of people don't.

relax their bumblefoot. quit thinkin your a metal god just because you listen to some shitty nu metal bands. im sorry but sevendust may have talent but their songs suck ass. their first record was good but now its just all the same, with a bunch of the same notes over and over mixed in with a harmonic. its bullshit. you dont have to listen to nu metal to show everyone that your "diverse". Machine Head is pretty good (the old stuff anyhow) but now they have gone downhill. it seems to me that most of these crappy nu metal bands spend 5 minutes writing their fuckin songs. they put no thought into it whatsoever.

Now guys we all know slipknot is metal ..... yea SLIPKNOT ahhhh we wear masks ... and jump on stage ... and sing about fuck the world .... ahhhhh ..... fuck the world ..... 2 guys hitting barrels .... ahhh ..... (people = shit ... nope slipknot = shit)

Angelofdeath

KITTIE SUX.....(lmo) buuut there arent many girls playing anything that aggressive....i just wish that the other girl (falon) didnt leave the damn band......do any of ya kittie fans know why she left?....

Now guys we all know slipknot is metal ..... yea SLIPKNOT ahhhh we wear masks ... and jump on stage ... and sing about fuck the world .... ahhhhh ..... fuck the world ..... 2 guys hitting barrels .... ahhh ..... (people = shit ... nope slipknot = shit)
:lol: well put.....well put indeed.....:p