Devin Townsend's "Casualties of Cool" is going to be crowdfunded

Aug 14, 2008
Devin Towsend's doing a blues album with Ché Aimee Dorval (who sung on Ki) called "Casualties of Cool" and wants to crowdfund it through Pledgemusic. Here's the story:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/02/1...ending-crowdfunding-campaign-casualties-cool/

Screen-Shot-2014-02-10-at-1.51.08-PM.png

Never thought he'd do the fundraising thing, but considering what it is I'm guessing the label won't support it nd it will be self released.

I read an interview from last year where he said he could easily do this with Century Media or InsideOut, but he'd rather have more freedom with this one. Not sure if that's still true now or not, but regardless this will be an automatic pledge from me as soon as the campaign goes live.

He owns the rights to all his solo stuff and licenses it out to CM/IO. This wouldn't be the first time he self-released his own music but it is the first time he's looking for crowdfunding!

I just wish it was a Kickstarter-like thing, where it wouldn't charge me until the end of the project. So I either spend all this money now, or wait and maybe have some exclusives gone.