DragonForce-Inhuman Rampage

As far as Dragonforce go, they're an amazing band, the guitarists are insane and they play intense music, but IMO their songs are all a bit samey to me. I can't compare them to happy hardcore as I don't know any hh songs, but I think they are way overrated and the guitarists basically carry them. For truly amazing power metal try Stratovarius (I suggests epics such as "Destiny" "Fantasia" and "Eternity"). Everyone just likes Dragonforce for the fucking sake of it these days.

Stormwatch said:
There's nothing extreme about Dragonforce - unless you mean extremely shit. They are fucking awful and have no business being classed as a metal band. They play happy hardcore dance music, along the same lines as the sort Hixxy and Sharkey, Force and Styles, Scott Brown etc churn out year after year. Anyone in the UK just has to listen to a "Bonkers" album to see what I mean.
That's DANCE music. Dragonforce play happy hardcore techno dance music, but with guitars instead of keyboards, and it is the worse music I've ever heard in my fucking life.
If you like this band, download "Toytown" by DJ Hixxy, you'll love it. It's better than this shit by miles.
Heavy metal? Fuck off, they're not even rock music and they give me a sore head with their joyful happy "blastbeat" (ha!) garbage.

:eek:

Krigloch the Furious said:
Try some Heavenly for actual good song writing.

I know what you're talking about! :headbang:

Stormwatch said:
What's the difference? You either like them or you don't, what's arrogance got to do with it?
And how was my post arrogant anyway? Am I not allowed to state my opinion? An opinion I feel qualified to have?

I personally like Dragonforce, but I totally think ur points were legit. I can see all sorts of happy hardcore bands sampling Dragonforce and I will laugh when they do...haha Yes Dragonforce is wayyyyy over the top, and wayyyyyy to happy but I think cheese goes well with everything... I love how extremely and ridiculously overboard they go... I can't help but be happy when I hear it.

Arrogant

1.Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
2. Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others.

I don't believe Stormwatch ever once made any remark or implied in any way his being any better than anything or anyone regarding Dragonforce.

All he did was make it very clear he didn't like them and why...along with a few opinions.

Sold the album in two days. Now Dragonforce, well I still have both of their albums and am waiting to find the new one. Actually I was listening to them MANY YEARS before they were Dragonforce actually known as Dragonheart and were featured on MP3.com for unsigned artists. Last years Liquid Monster by Brainstorm was far and away the best power metal of the year.

Nice review. I'm listening to this for the first time right now. I'm on the first song, and it sounds like Keeper of the Seven Keys era Helloween played a bit faster (that's a good thing).

Edit: After hearing some more of this, extreme FLOWER METAL may be yet a bit more fitting than extreme power metal.

oooh there solos are like 3 minutes long and every single sogn sounds exactly the same theres not oen cool riff, the vocalist sucks, and i liked there other album , this one sucks balls

IntoPhagist said:
oooh there solos are like 3 minutes long and every single sogn sounds exactly the same theres not oen cool riff, the vocalist sucks, and i liked there other album , this one sucks balls
The solos are one thing that make them DragonForce.

What is the other album you like? On every album they have solos that last almost 3 minutes.

i love guitar solos (see name) i love what i own of dragonforce (i use itunes) i want their new album..so.....fucking...bad!!! last i checked its not in the US yet so i shall wait and check, (it probobly came out as soon as i said "last i checked"....)

Guitar Virtuoso said:
i love guitar solos (see name) i love what i own of dragonforce (i use itunes) i want their new album..so.....fucking...bad!!! last i checked its not in the US yet so i shall wait and check, (it probobly came out as soon as i said "last i checked"....)
Check this out http://forum.dragonforce.com/viewtopic.php?t=10209

There goes some discussion about that delay. Check the band's main site now and then, they'll probably inform about it sooner or later. :)