Dyers Eve

DarkOne

Black Belt in Sarcasm
May 2, 2002
Philadelphia
Visit site
I just listened to . . . And Justice For All and it of course finishes with 'Dyers Eve', one of my all time favorite Metallica songs. How can a band make a song this heavy and this good, and then later release St Anger?

There are too many bands living off of their faded glory <cough> <Queensryche> <cough>

Steve in Philly

Oh no Steve, another bashing on Metallica thread? This must be national sports at UMOS :lol:

'Dyers Eve' is one hell of a song and a magnificent way to close not only the album but Metallica's career :heh:

Can I cough at I...*cough* r *cough*...

Dyer's Eve was good, but that album is pretty inconsistent and boring, in my opinion. I prefer Metallica's first two albums.

Let just wait til they release theyr new album.:heh:

Yeah we have to save some ammo for then :devil:

You certainly can, and I COMPLETELY agree with you there! Iron Savior never did reclaim their early sparkle :heh:

Steve in Philly

:lol: I was expecting that one, although I guess you got my evil intentions
asthanos.gif

NP: Laaz Rockit - 'Take No Prisoners'

Oh yes, Dyer's eve is one of the best song of Metallica, but the total album is borring, repeating always the same riffs, too long songs. Metallica was good to write riffs, but not do write songs.

Dyers Eve is Great but i hope they play it live often coz i'm tired of Enter Sandman and all the other live famous hits...

I just listened to . . . And Justice For All and it of course finishes with 'Dyers Eve', one of my all time favorite Metallica songs. How can a band make a song this heavy and this good, and then later release St Anger?

There are too many bands living off of their faded glory <cough> <Queensryche> <cough>

Steve in Philly

Dyer's Eve is ok but there is much better pieces from them from before that album... like Orion, Call of Cthulu, Creeping Death etc... the whole Ride the Lightning album was much heavier then that song or the rest of AJFA...

Dyers Eve is a pretty good thrashy song, but the lyrics are a bit wussy.
Alot of people hang shit on Metallica for abandoning their thrash roots, but i actually quite like the Black album and Load. Re-Load was subpar at best, and st.anger sucked, but they have made some amazing music in their time.

I hope their new album is at best a quarter of what Lightning was, then it should be an ok, listenible album.

Dyers Eve is a pretty good thrashy song, but the lyrics are a bit wussy.
Alot of people hang shit on Metallica for abandoning their thrash roots, but i actually quite like the Black album and Load. Re-Load was subpar at best, and st.anger sucked, but they have made some amazing music in their time.

I hope their new album is at best a quarter of what Lightning was, then it should be an ok, listenible album.

the "lyrics" were just writings of Cliff Burton... they were not really meant for that particular song/piece...

As for the Black album... it would be good perhaps if it wasn't Metallica... they went from Creeping Death to Nothing Else Matters for christsakes lol ... they should of stuck to Thrash... it was being accepted by the mainstream anyways... as for Load and the others... ahh no... none were good...

As for your last statement pertaining to their new album... i agree... I just want one listenable album that isn't total crap... and is worth the price of a CD...

the "lyrics" were just writings of Cliff Burton... they were not really meant for that particular song/piece...

Says who? If you read the booklet all lyrics of tha album where written by Hetfield, except 'To Live Is To Die' by Burton. And the song is credited to hammet, Hetfield, Ulrich, so sorry but no Burton involment either.

NP: Beholder - 'Ivory Tower'

Says who? If you read the booklet all lyrics of tha album where written by Hetfield, except 'To Live Is To Die' by Burton. And the song is credited to hammet, Hetfield, Ulrich, so sorry but no Burton involment either.

NP: Beholder - 'Ivory Tower'

ahh that is correct... I got Dyers Eve and To Live is to Die mixed up since I haven't listened to that mediocre album in years :lol: but then again I never said Cliff wrote either song in terms of the music itself... i merely said he was given credit to the lyrics of one of the songs... :Smug:

As for the Black album... it would be good perhaps if it wasn't Metallica... they went from Creeping Death to Nothing Else Matters for christsakes lol ... they should of stuck to Thrash... it was being accepted by the mainstream anyways... as for Load and the others... ahh no... none were good...
quote]

Have to disagree, somewhat. The Black album, to me, was a definite evolution from the earlier work. I don't expect bands to stay stagnant. A change can be good or bad, but most people don't want their fav artists to release the same album every other year (also known as the AC/DC effect). I loved the early albums, but I thought Metallica stayed true to their roots with Black (Yes, Nothing Else Matters was wimpy, but it wasn't bad. Would have been better with someone that can sing, though).

Re-Loaded . . . no evolution there. It seemed like the songs that weren't good enough for Load. St. Anger was a complete shift in music, rather than a progression in any one direction.

Steve in Philly

ahh that is correct... I got Dyers Eve and To Live is to Die mixed up

Stop smokin it green, that's like mixing 'Battery' with 'Nothing Else Matters' :zombie: :heh:

I don't expect bands to stay stagnant.

I do, maybe stagnant is not the word but I definitively want a band to keep doing the same sound time and again also known as the Motorhead effect :worship: :worship:

NP: Halford - 'Crystal'

Have to disagree, somewhat. The Black album, to me, was a definite evolution from the earlier work. I don't expect bands to stay stagnant. A change can be good or bad, but most people don't want their fav artists to release the same album every other year (also known as the AC/DC effect). I loved the early albums, but I thought Metallica stayed true to their roots with Black (Yes, Nothing Else Matters was wimpy, but it wasn't bad. Would have been better with someone that can sing, though).

Re-Loaded . . . no evolution there. It seemed like the songs that weren't good enough for Load. St. Anger was a complete shift in music, rather than a progression in any one direction.

Steve in Philly

I disagree... some bands should not evolutionize and Metallica was one of them... what they did was not for the music... it was for the money.. plain and simple... as for AC/DC... i have no problem with them being stagnant... it fits them and they shouldn't do something different because it would never suit them... as for Nothing Else Matters... a wimpy song but I think Hetfield did a fine job for that type of song... it just shouldn't have been Metallica doing it... how do you become a band that sings SEARRRRRRRCHINNNNG Seek & Destroy!!!! to And nothin else matters (plays acoustic guitar in background)... :cry: