Earthlink Live Name Change

Rider of Theli said:
oh how I miss the good ol days of the NWA... with the Four Horsemen, Dusty Rhodes, 'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff, Barry Windham, Lex Luger, Sting, The Road Warriors, and my favorite: 'the Enforcer' Arn Anderson.

*wipes a tear away* ... oh man, don't get me started. :worship:

Haystack Calhoun and Gorgeous George :lol: Wrestlers from my youth watching with my Grandpa. :p

VenomGA said:
I saw Megadeth, Warlock and Sanctuary there

The early 90's were a bit of a blur for me, but I could make a nice list of bands (mostly thrash) I saw at Center Stage. Savatage, Slayer, Overkill, Testament, Death Angel, Pantera, Wrathchild America etc.....

Bryant

Bryant said:
The early 90's were a bit of a blur for me, but I could make a nice list of bands (mostly thrash) I saw at Center Stage. Savatage, Slayer, Overkill, Testament, Death Angel, Pantera, Wrathchild America etc.....

Bryant

Excellent list there Bryant:headbang:

BABS said:
SavaVIDude said:
:cool:

DOES THIS MEAN THEY WILL PUT FUCKING LIGHTS ON THE STAIRS?? :heh:

Chris :headbang:
I loved that comment!!!!!! All we can do is pray at this point :)

BTW, did anyone warn the PP first-timers about the stairs. It should be a Public Service Announcement.

Lol... I'm probably the only person who likes the stairs unlit. :heh: I hope they stay that way! :)

Pyramaze51 said:
can't forget Chris Benoit, and Bill Goldberg, and all the rest that started there especially WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the Nature boy Ric Flair, and the Freebirds(Micheal PS HAYES), tojo Yamamoto, Dick slater, damn i could go on and on.

The New Breed - Chris Champion & Sean Royal. They traveled back in time from the year 2002

Harvester said:
So there is no confusion about Earthlink Live closing, this is from the Atlanta newspaper:

For the city's veteran live music fans, Wednesday's announcement by Rival Entertainment could have been subtitled "Back to the Future." In a press release, it was announced that the concert promoter, producer and venue management group run by Thomas Cook, Josh Antenucci and Lucy Lawler is changing the name of EarthLink Live. Beginning today, the 1,035-capacity Midtown concert venue is changing its name back to its more familiar moniker from the previous millennium, Center Stage.

Rival also runs the complex's 300-capacity Vinyl and the 650-capacity Loft music spaces. Explains Antenucci: "Even after five years, the vast majority of our clientele refer to the theater as Center Stage. It makes perfect sense to go back to the name that music fans know and trust."
That's cool. Takes me back to the old WCW days. Hail!:headbang:

WCW!! I watched TNA tonight, and 80% of the show is where Dubya C Dubya left off; Jarrett, Sting, and Steiner trampling over everyone. Nash is there too, but seemingly older and lamer than all of them now. I'm gonna feel like a big dumb turd if you were talking about some other WCW, LOL, but that's sure the first thing that popped into my head.

Back to the topic, Center Stage is a perfect title. Especially for a show of PP's caliber. Cheers to a name that doesn't promote something else! :)

Yay....the change back to Center Stage rules!

I remember seeing Blue Oyster Cult there, way back when. After the show we were about to get kicked out, but Eric Bloom must've ran from the stage to the backstage doors (back of the floor) to save us from security. Very cool of him.

I'm not a big fan of wrestling.......but some sort of a wrestling nexus seems to be forming around me. We almost ran over the Iron Sheik two weekends ago in Fayetteville as he was pushing his grocery cart in the Kroger parking lot. (!)
The next day "Raven" visited the RennFaire and now wants to have some spiked gauntlets made by a friend o'mine, for shows. I'm kinda scared to think what will happen next. :D

Sumeet said:
Lol... I'm probably the only person who likes the stairs unlit. :heh: I hope they stay that way! :)

If your wish comes true, all us PP attendees will come and visit you someday at the hospital when you're in traction!

Ah, Center Stage. Saw DT there on the Images and Words tour with who eventually became my wife.

As for WCW, let's hear it for the Spoiler, Jack Briscoe, JYD, Don Muraco (original wrestling roid monster), the Bushwhackers, and Bunkhouse Buck aka Robert Fuller aka Colonel Parker! Remember that Steve Austin was in WCW before heading north. Man, do I miss old-school NWA/WCW...

BABS said:
If your wish comes true, all us PP attendees will come and visit you someday at the hospital when you're in traction!

Lol, I guess that's one way to guarantee visitors!

Heh... it appears I am very much in the minority, but somehow I've never had a problem traversing those stairs... though a few times I have caught people who were falling. But if I recall correctly, those stairs were (somewhat) lighted in 2001, and people were still having problems then. I think the stairs not having the typical height-to-width ratio is as much or more of a problem than the lighting... because people are used to using stairs without having to look directly down at them, and these are shaped differently than the stairs people are used to.

I think the stairs not having the typical height-to-width ratio is as much or more of a problem than the lighting... because people are used to using stairs without having to look directly down at them, and these are shaped differently than the stairs people are used to.
THAT is a very good point. And isn't there one step that is longer than the rest? Still, a little reflective tape would go a loooong way. It's especially hard if your in front of the barrier, taking photos, and after 3 songs you have to navigate over the supports and then climb out in the dark with your eyes bugging from the lights. :zombie:

Dave and I were tempted to make the BEC promo item this year a pen light, but they were too expensive and we were concerned about the impact of 1000 little flashlights in the hands of some over stimulated metal fans. So, it's gonna be a new and improve METAL bottle opener. Look for it in your bags! :kickass:

Oh, btw, Babs, the phallis thingy was the FIRST thing that came to mind when I saw the logo, so you're not alone! :p

AMBR said:
Oh, btw, Babs, the phallis thingy was the FIRST thing that came to mind when I saw the logo, so you're not alone! :p

I would expect that from Babs, but NEVER from you! :)
EVERYTHING looks like a phallus to Babs......:lol:

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
I would expect that from Babs, but NEVER from you! :)
EVERYTHING looks like a phallus to Babs......:lol:

J-Dubya
ha ha, well golly gee, I just see what I see. :OMG:

Rider of Theli said:
oh how I miss the good ol days of the NWA... with the Four Horsemen, Dusty Rhodes, 'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff, Barry Windham, Lex Luger, Sting, The Road Warriors, and my favorite: 'the Enforcer' Arn Anderson.

*wipes a tear away* ... oh man, don't get me started. :worship:

Don't forget Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Magnum T.A., The Rock-N-Roll Express, The Midnight Express, Cactus Jack, 2 Cold Scorpio, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Big Van Vader, "Flyin" Brian Pillman, Jushin "Thunder" Lyger, Steve "Dr. Death" Williams

ok then, to let everyone choose their old favorites, I suggest you go here for a complete listing:

Obsessed with Wrestling

This is a great and fairly complete site with listings from practically every major (and many lesser known) wrestling promotions and federations. Many of the wrestlers and performers have a complete bio listed there as well. This fellow has really done his homework and is - as the title suggests - 'obsessed with wrestling'. :worship:

~Hoyt.