Eternal Reign - German Power Metal

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
I am not massively familiar with this underground band but I remember their Crimes of Passion debu being quite goodt but don't recall their 2nd album in 05. After 5 years they are ready to deliver heavy and melodic power metal again with not much of Germanic sound to be fair. The singer reminds me of a more in control Ripper Owens. They have a medley of the whole album on myspace. Sounds quite cool. Out in August.

http://www.myspace.com/eternalreignband

I am not massively familiar with this underground band but I remember their Crimes of Passion debu being quite goodt but don't recall their 2nd album in 05. After 5 years they are ready to deliver heavy and melodic power metal again with not much of Germanic sound to be fair. The singer reminds me of a more in control Ripper Owens. They have a medley of the whole album on myspace. Sounds quite cool. Out in August.

http://www.myspace.com/eternalreignband

I can not wait for this new disc. Their last album was nothing short of a modern-day classic in US style power/prog metal (as you said, done by a German band).

Here's my old review of that disc:

ETERNAL REIGN
"Forbidden Path"
(LMP / SPV)
- 4½ out of 5 points -
Seldom has an album had such a twisted impact on me, as this second disc by German band Eternal Reign. I've never heard the debut album, so I didn't know what to expect at all, which also made me open up my ears open wide and for the last 1½ months time since I've got this disc I've been spinning it at least once per day, just to figure out what the F**K this obsession I've got with it is all about. The thing is, from the moment I listened to it the first time, and up until now, I haven't been able to figure out whom this band reminds me off. It irritates me so much that I can lie sleepless at night trying to put my finger on which band exactly it is that I keep getting reminded off every time this disc is on. Basically what we have here is a band creating a brilliant power metal disc with an overload of hints to the music I was listening to in the late eighties and early nineties. I keep hearing such bands as Metal Church, Vicious Rumors, Siam, Wicked Maraya, Lethal and Hittman. But for some reason I can't put my finger on which of those (if not a whole different band) it is that is so evident in the sound of Eternal Reign. Damn! Oh well, it actually doesn't matter that much, since "Forbidden Path" by far is one of the strongest old school power metal discs I've heard in a long time, and for anyone who's a fan of just one of the abovementioned acts (or Brainstorm if you want a current band to compare with), this disc belongs in your collection!

I have been a fan of this band since before they became the name "Eternal Reign". I play them often on my radio show. The song "Isolation" off the debut album album as Eternal Reign is killer!

The new album is badass, and kicks major ass! Blows away the last release on Limb Music. Good to see Pure Steel Records pick them up!