EVERGREY: Theories of Emptiness

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com

EVERGREY To Release Theories Of Emptiness Album In June; "Falling From The Sun" Single And Video Out Now

"...After more than 30 years of shaping progressive metal history, Evergrey rises again, announcing the release of their fourteenth studio album, Theories Of Emptiness, set for release on June 7 via Napalm Records.

This new chapter kicks off with the mesmerizing new single “Falling From The Sun”, featuring heavy riffs combined with catchy choruses and hard-hitting melancholic lyrics, and acting as as a sequel to “Ominous” - cut from their worldwide chart-topping latest album, A Heartless Portrait (The Orphean Testament)....

... Pre-order here."

egreycd424.jpeg

Reactions: Cronopio

EVERGREY Release New Single "Say"; Official Music Video Streaming

Evergrey on “Say”: "’Say’ is one of those songs that immediately when we wrote the chorus we knew that it would be an awesome single. It will simply kill live and is a very worthy follow-up to the success of ‘Falling From The Sun’. Regarding the end of the video there will of course be questions, a lot of questions, we have the answers."

Drummer JONAS EKDAHL Parts Ways With EVERGREY - "I Will No Longer Be Performing Gigs Or Tours As A Drummer"

Over the last couple of years, my passion within music has gradually shifted from touring and playing live shows to the creative aspect of being in the studio: writing songs, recording, producing, and mixing. It has reached a point where I no longer find joy and excitement in touring, making it difficult to continue. It has felt like I was traveling away from something rather than toward something whenever we would go out to play. Instead, I want to dedicate my time, focus, and energy to writing, producing, and mixing. Therefore, I will no longer be performing gigs or tours as a drummer.

"It's important for me to clarify that the lack of passion for playing live is solely the reason for my decision. It wouldn't be fair to the band or to myself to continue doing something that doesn't excite me or bring me happiness.

"Equally important for me to mention is that I still hold just as much love for the guys in the band as before. They will always be like older brothers to me, having taken me under their wings since I was 17 years old. I have nothing but love and respect for them!

"It feels like I’m going out with a bang in the most positive sense. I’m so proud of what the five of us have accomplished together with ’Theories of Emptiness’. The album truly feels special in so many ways and I hope that it will translate and resonate with you guys just as much as it does to me, and, I will still be involved in Evergrey in terms of songwriting and production.

"With all this being said, we have an incredible drummer ready to take over for me in 2024, and I can't wait to hear and see him play! He's truly exceptional, and I'm sure you'll love him because behind the drums, he's a beast!

Thank you, thank you for everything! - Jonas

Says Evergrey: "Let's wish Jonas all the best on his future endeavours! Band statement will follow soon."