EZ Drummer VSTi

well the main thing i was wondering about is... well... i can set up a keyboard controller to play the beats, however I would prefer to simply program the beats within the plugin... can i do this? and if I can, how can i incorperate dynamics into the beats?

probably dumb questions but i'm absolutely nooby to this plugin.

thanks very much for your help! :kickass:

Yeah, you can do it directly. Whatever DAW you use (I use Cubase), you can use the default drum score editor to do it. For me, that means making a new midi track, turning on the drum map for that track, using the EZD map that came with EZD, and then setting the output of that new midi track to EZD. Then you can just program it in the editor. If this isn't detailed enough, IM me or something on one of my services.

Anyone ever use Native Instruments VSTs? I have some fun with them, but I can't figure out how to get a Multi to work. I can select multiple patches and make a new multi, but only whatever instrument is in slot 1 will actually play.

Nevermind, got it:

1-8 patches have to correspond to 1-8 midi out channels.

Got it to work. What you have to do is, in the Multi Window, when you select an instrument for each slot, you have to pay attention to the ordering. The top slot is "1" and the next one down is "2" etc... to "8" at the bottom. And when you set the MIDI track, you select the output to be that VST, and where it says Channel: ANY- this has to change to correspond to the correct channel number you want to play that track. For example, if I put tubular bells in the second slot in my Multi, then when I select a channel in the MIDI track, I have to choose channel 2 if I want the bells. As far as I know, you can't assign multiple instruments to a single track (with the exception of "instruments" that already consist of many in 1 slot in the VST).

So 1 instrument per track, 8 loadable at a time (barring multiple instances of the VST), and if you want multiple instruments per track, you have to duplicate the track.