FATES WARNING Enlist SPOCK'S BEARD Drummer For Upcoming Tour

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
FATES WARNING have enlisted SPOCK'S BEARD drummer Nick D'Virgilio to join them on their upcoming summer tour with DREAM THEATER and QUEENSRŸCHE after regular FATES drummer Mark Zonder was forced to bow out of the trek due to "personal commitments," according to FW guitarist Jim Matheos. "Ray, Joey, Frank, and I are excited to be working with Nick and we're all looking forward to the tour," Matheos said.

As previously reported, FATES WARNING will be rejoined during the upcoming dates by former guitarist Frank Aresti. Aresti had most recently been playing with the Connecticut-based "industrial" act DRAGONSPOON, who issued their debut full-length CD last year through Hook N Mouth Records.

Hey now, lets not put down NDV! :) Although I agree he is no Mark Zonder he is more then capable of filling his shoes. Nick can also supply some vocals if needed. I have a weird feeling that Mike Portnoy had a hand in selecting him to fill in for Fates Warnring...although I wouldn't rule out Jim Matheos who I also believe is a big Spock's Beard fan.

I wish I could see Mark up there on stage (although I have seen him numerous times with FW) but Nick should be able to silence the critics who have any doubts about his ability to play the drums.

Nuff said! ;)