Favorite or most cherished souvenir from Prog Power XII

Eat it, ApolloFC! :lol: ;)

Did Al and I meet you, though? I know we're easily recognizable - just find the loudest, most obnoxious metalhead couple and you've got us! :D If we did meet you, and I've forgotten, I apologize. I met a lot of new people this year (and it was awesome!)

I will take the blame for this one. :lol::lol:

Seeing Vanden Plas twice, and seeing Serenity's and Kingcrow's names pop up on next years roster!!!!

For me, it's the signed setlist from Therion's show. Next to "The Wild Hunt" Christofer Johnsson also wrote "By Your Special Request." First time in their 24-year history they had ever played an individual request. Needless to say, I was floored.

Also, my PP program book, where Ihsahn crossed out Arcturus and signed above it. Best. Replacement. Ever. :kickass:

Those are two badass memories! :headbang:

I'm an 'I' and had lunch with Kimberly at my first ProgPower (X)!

Yep, I remember having lunch with y'all at Front Page News! Too bad I haven't made it back there in a couple of years. Good food...and they do a nice job of accommodating the "black shirts". :lol:

I'm usually pretty far over on the "I" side, but I get a shot of "E" from being around folks who have great taste in music!

Yep, I remember having lunch with y'all at Front Page News! Too bad I haven't made it back there in a couple of years. Good food...and they do a nice job of accommodating the "black shirts". :lol:

I'm usually pretty far over on the "I" side, but I get a shot of "E" from being around folks who have great taste in music!

I wish we had the time to even hold another luncheon like that. But lately with all the other events going on, it would be difficult to have it these days.

I'm typically an "I" person as well. But like Kimberly, when you're with people who understand your music, I tend to open up as well. :)

(It seems every year my PP USA list of friends grows and grows!)

Glenn sent out an email today to gold badge holders. Here's an excerpt:

..the focus for now is to give you the most bang for your buck on the
main stage and allow the attendees to return to a socialization during
off hours of years past with luncheons, etc.

~Jen

I have a couple:

1) My favorite physical souvenir is the Marcus Jiddell Evergrey guitar pick. Not really much to say about that other than the fact that I traded an Andreas Lill drumstick for it. :)

2) My favorite "moment" was the approximate 90-minute in total conversation Rick (SeeYouInHell) and I had with Snowy Shaw on Saturday morning before the Therion soundcheck. We chatted with him in the lobby around 10 AM for 30 minutes, and then parted ways while Snowy went to check on the status of the soundcheck and scrounge up a cup of coffee. While Rick and I were sitting in the seats watching the crew setting some stuff up, Snowy came out from the dressing room, saw they weren't ready for him and spotted us in the seats. He came up and sat with us for the next hour chatting about everything under the sun and being very cool while he waited. It was a perfect example of just how cool the festival can be (and usually is) - these rare moments where fandom is stripped away and you can see one of your idols in a completely human light.

3) My favorite experience was my time on the rail both days with all my buddies (Nathan, Rick, Justin, William, Aaron, Scott, and our two new Canadian friends Tyler and Kassandra - even though I felt bad Tyler was used as a placeholder on the rail for a large portion of the weekend, he didn't seem to mind.) ;)

Other cool things:

John Hough's wife Kim making her way through the crowd and up to the front before Evergrey's acoustic set started to introduce herself - I obtained a new nickname "Front Row Todd" from them that seems to have stuck. :)

Thanks to everyone who took a picture with the "Hi, John!" sign for John Cheek - even though I didn't get nearly as many as I had hoped because a) it's hard to run into people when you are on the rail for 14 hours straight and b) I don't know what happened to the sign after the corset pic (Su?) :LOL:

I know I'm leaving some things out, but my brain is fried after being at work all day...

As for the best PP USA moments - two come to mind:

The marriage proposals several ProgPowers ago (forget which one).

Last year's a capella singing in the backstage stairwell with Michael Eriksen, members of Seventh Wonder, and a few others (I think Danae Saree was one of the "guests")

Favourite physical souvenirs are the ProgPower entryway setlist banner which can be seen on the left of the below picture, and my Emperor poster autographed by Ihsahn. it was only a 7$ poster, but it is the most valuable piece of memorabilia personally that I believe I own
320139_2495587027861_1198392921_3142982_945726763_n.jpg

293934_2495588267892_1198392921_3142985_1592780874_n.jpg

I had 3 best moments. they were shaking Glenn's hand and thanking him for the greatest weekend of my life, shaking Ihsahn's hand and talkign with him about the guy who designed our logos (Christophe Szpajdel designed my logo, seen below, and Emperor's, as well as (old) Moonspell, Enthroned, Abigail Williams and others), and talking with Einar of Leprous on 2 occasions for about 20 minutes each, about various things.