Finally... my Lacuna Coil remix

Kazrog

Kazrog, Inc.
Mar 6, 2002
California
kazrog.com
This took me about 40+ hours of work, and I never finished it, but back when the contest was running I saw it as an opportunity to test Logic 8. Liked some aspects of Logic but ultimately decided on Pro Tools. I had some problems with Logic, most noticeably in this mix the clipping kick drum during the chorus and second verse - no matter what, my automation on the kick WOULD NOT work. It always wanted to be +6.6 db once the section kicked in, even though that level was NOWHERE to be found in the automation!!! Go Logic... :loco:

Had I not had so many problems with Logic, maybe I would have finished this in time for the contest. Instead, I dropped the ball on the remix, got married, bought a house, and then came back to listen to it randomly tonight after months, and figured you guys might as well hear what there is of it.

I added my own guitar and drum parts during the chorus, just to be a disrespectful jackass, effectively Darkane-izing it. :headbang:

Bonus points: See if you can guess the amp used on my guitars. I've posted my mix as well as the soloed out guitars:

I totally missed the post, and that there even was a competition in the first place..
I'm not a fan of Lacuna Coil, but this made the song a bit more interesting.

The guitarsound you got there on that second clip slays. I'd like to think it's a JSX doing the job but I'm probably wrong.

Great job