FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH / VOLBEAT coheadline Fall tour

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
http://www.fivefingerdeathpunch.com...ng-fans-one-of-the-biggest-tours-of-the-fall/

Not a fan of the other bands besides Volbeat (don't really know 5FDP, don't know Nothing More, don't care about Hellyeah), and they don't even do a date in Canada as it seems (as it's called "North America" tour, maybe they'll add more dates later).

But the Albany, NY show is on a Saturday, so who knows...

Now, is this a "metal" tour, as Volbeat is part of it? Let's ask Jasonic or TDD... :heh:

Now, is this a "metal" tour, as Volbeat is part of it? Let's ask Jasonic or TDD... :heh:

Wow, this has nothing to do with whether or not it is a metal tour or not.

Moreso to do with how long Volbeat will continue to survive being the "odd band out" Might have worked for some tours. This one though may be too much of a stretch.......

Wow, this has nothing to do with whether or not it is a metal tour or not.

Moreso to do with how long Volbeat will continue to survive being the "odd band out" Might have worked for some tours. This one though may be too much of a stretch.......

Odd band out? They've already toured with Hellyeah and play the festival circuit with 5FDP all the time.

Odd band out? They've already toured with Hellyeah and play the festival circuit with 5FDP all the time.

I was just going to say that... it's nothing "new" or "different" for Volbeat.

They have toured (in North America) with:

Nightwish
Metallica
Trivium
Hellyeah
Cold
Megadeth
Lacuna Coil
Motorhead
Iced Earth
Danko Jones
and now Five Finger Death Punch

You really think "this is pushing"? Seriously?

Oh, yeah, as I said, being the odd band out has been their thing.
And it's not a bad business model to follow......

Their sound though seems a lot more mature compared to all the others on this bill, as opposed to some of the other tours they have been on, where, though they were different, might appeal to some (IE - touring with Gigantour with Megadeth / Motorhead, Metallica).

Wasn't Hell Yeah though part of the Iced Earth tour?

Anyhow, they are certainly road warriors!

They always will be. They're a band that crosses over various musical styles, so whether it's metal or even a hard rock band, they're going to be different. They don't exactly fit the mold anywhere.

Honestly, I can't stand Five Finger Death Punch all that much, but I'd be seriously debating this just for Volbeat.

You know I'm happy the band is able to tour the United States so often; and their longevity here will be determined by their appeal to the crowd that goes to see bands like 5FDP and Hellyeah. But it's not me. Not in an opener's position when I can't stand the bands that surround them, or the fans of those bands.

I saw them headline with Iced Earth opening, and it was a fabulous show - probably one of the best I've ever seen, honestly. But I'll keep my fingers crossed that a Volbeat/King Diamond tour will happen. But as long as they're getting that Five Finger Death Punch money, maybe that's a pipe dream...