Going to be in NYC January 21st to Feb 3rd - things to do?

your taste in burgers sounds about as reliable as your taste in art. :heh: :p

Did you just go for the cheeseburgers, or did you try the shackstack (which is a shroom burger on top of a cheese burger)?

Aki,
Theres about 6 concerts worth going in the area in January alone, including the sx/iced earth in CT on jan31st. I'll get youna list and see if any fall on the dates you're here. Would love to hang out bro!
So dude, you coming to hang out or not? Will arrive NYC Saturday next week! I still don't have anything planned for the weekend of 28th/29th of January so if you're aware of anything fun happening that weekend in the area I might be up for it.

So dude, you coming to hang out or not? Will arrive NYC Saturday next week! I still don't have anything planned for the weekend of 28th/29th of January so if you're aware of anything fun happening that weekend in the area I might be up for it.
I will try to get down there while you're there for sure. Thing is, most of the shows I mentioned either already happened or will take place beforehand. Going to see Sanctuary tonight! :p I'll shoot you an email and we'll try to schedule something - I'm definitely up to going down to the city to hang out for a day or whatever!

Back home now, thanks everyone for the pre-trip tips! Here's some stuff I managed to do during the two weeks there:
-see a Rangers game vs the Jets at MSG
-enjoy plenty of very good local and non-local beers (and amuse local people by the fact that we have Brooklyn Lager and other Brooklyn Brewery stuff commonly available in Finland!)
-check out St. Patrick's Cathedral
-hang out at a crowded Times Square (and generally walk on Broadway and the avenues, mainly in Midtown) late in the evening
-go to Bareburger for an awesome burger, they need to expand to Finland!
-do bar hopping in Brooklyn and be impressed by the beer selections at the bars there and also enjoy wonderful pre-bar hopping dinner at Fette Sau (http://www.fettesaubbq.com/)
-walk around the southern parts of Central Park on a gorgeous sunny day
-go to Grand Central Station, where unfortunately I was right after the market had closed, cool place anyway
-enjoy most delicious steaks at Ipanema and finally try several of those worldclass caipirinhas
-see a very impressive Tool live show at the Izod Center, NJ
-take a 3 hour cruise around Manhattan to fully realize how big that island actually is
-meet up with some familiar faces in the area (Milton sucks you didn't make it, but we'll see each other eventually again!)

Put some trip photos up in Picasa if anyone's interested.

I laughed that you thought a cup of American piss-beer wasn't bad for $9, but then I remembered you were in New York City, where a small mixed drink is $10.

Also, Finnish licorice is surprisingly not that hard to find - I can get Panda here too, as well as Halva.

I laughed that you thought a cup of American piss-beer wasn't bad for $9, but then I remembered you were in New York City, where a small mixed drink is $10.
Heh, surely I did not think so, but seems like I failed in Internet sarcasm :)

Also, Finnish licorice is surprisingly not that hard to find - I can get Panda here too, as well as Halva.
Cool, cool. I did see Panda in London too, but never seen Panda (or especially Halva) anywhere else before so it's pretty amusing to me. Especially since I know the factory where Panda comes from located in a tiny town really near my also-small university city.