Greg Howe Roundhouse solo tabbed

ChrisM.

Dec 16, 2001
Bavaria
Visit site
Sorry, this is off topic, but I've seen there are some Greg Howe fans on this board. Just wanted to say that I transcribed his solo in "Roundhouse" (last track on PARALLAX) in Power Tab. Anyone who wants it, just post your email adress here. Currently I'm working on Dance (3rd track from Parallax, what a solo!).

dude. You need to be trying to transcribe the stuff on Introspection. now thats the cd! if not Five .

:p

JAH

Introspection is a great, great CD, but the stuff he plays on that one is technically and harmonically much easier than his stuff on Parallax, which is much more jazz influenced and contains way more altered harmonies. I like Introspection a lot, but Parallax is the mighty Howe CD!

technicality doesn't matter. its what sounds better and what has more of a groove. Which is completely subjective but for me Paralax is pretty boring, probably for that exact reason you've stated. While Introspection is pure emotion and is basically ear candy. It doesnt get much better in improv guitar playing than that. I'd love to figure out "Direct Injection". If thats some how easy. :guh: Then man! You need to start making your own solo cds.

take care :}

JAH

Well, it's just a matter of taste, as always. I like both albums very much, but Parallax is my all time favourite CD ever. Direct Injection is a great song, that's right, some awesome phrasing and great licks in there. I agree that is matters the most what it sounds like, not how difficult it is, but it's a very subjective thing. I could wail to Parallax all day long. I dream of one day making my own solo CD's, like somewhere in between neoclassical and fusion, but right now, I'm not good enough yet to make an full instrumental guitar CD without getting repetitive and boring. You can check out some samples of my band at www.necrophagist.de - I don't play on these recordings yet, because I joined the band later, but we play these tunes live.

Peace

Chris

Sorry, this is off topic, but I've seen there are some Greg Howe fans on this board. Just wanted to say that I transcribed his solo in "Roundhouse" (last track on PARALLAX) in Power Tab. Anyone who wants it, just post your email adress here. Currently I'm working on Dance (3rd track from Parallax, what a solo!).

Hi ChrisM. I'm a big fan of jazz fusion guitar and Greg How is one my favorite guitarist. I would really really really love to have these parallax tablatures you mentioned. I've been looking for parallax tabs online for so long now, but all I get are tabs from his other albums... Pls send it to stringskippa@yahoo.com.

I would love to get these tabs, but this thread was made 6 years ago.

And holy FUCK...Was that seriously Christian Müenzner before Necrophagist made it big?