headphones or stereo

I mostly listen to music on headphones, I listen to music allmost all the time...
the only time I'm not listening to music is a while after I've fallen asleep(when the cd ends:) )
many of you have said that you get more out of headphones, and well I agree, to a certain point... 'cuz it only depends on your stereo system... the one I got are expencive as hell, and have really great sound! so I prefere stereo, but use headphones more...

well, I like to listen to both but I often get bitched out by both my son and my husband because they just hate my music so I usually end up being banished to the headphones. :\

I preffer listening to music coming from speakers, I don't have
a stereo, so I use my computer.... I'd love to have a great
stereo system, but I don't need it, cause where I live now,
all my neighbours would hear all the music. And I don't want
that, cause I hate hearing other people's music as well... :eek:)

When going to work I use headphones, small ones :eek:) I try to
keep the volume down, but on the buss I need to turn it up,
cause I *hate* hearing people talk about stupid things...
On the train it's different, it doesn't make so much noise,
and there are less people :eek:)

But what I like the most about speakers are that you can
hear what you're doing... You can almost hear yourself
breathing, though you can't, if you know what I mean. When
I'm using headphones I get all these crazy ideas I'm making
too much noise! >:eek:P

Originally posted by Blackspirit

But what I like the most about speakers are that you can
hear what you're doing... You can almost hear yourself
breathing, though you can't, if you know what I mean. When
I'm using headphones I get all these crazy ideas I'm making
too much noise! >:eek:P

indeed!
Sometimes it bothers me a lot in a bus and then I can't even breath normally 'cause I think that sound of my breathing is louder than any other sound there :p

I use headphones only on my way to school and back, and at home after 11-12pm if my parents are home. At another times it's always stereo.. two speakers right beside my ears :) (well, about 1 meter from my ear)

I've been trying to keep volume as appropriate as possible and often I succeed but there are times when it's totally impossible :)

Errr, Nomad... I'm getting along quite ok with my cheap ( about 50 € ) headphones so far...

Well, I know I'm not gonna care too much about my ears anyway... I know I should perhaps, but it's just too tempting to turn it up loud :) Maybe I will be able to use normal speakers once I've moved away from my peaceful, tolerant neighbours :lol:

lol Blackspirit, IM EXACTLY LIKE YOU! I always worry that my headphones are too loud when i use then in public (like in class), so i always take em off to see if its making noise :lol:

Originally posted by Final_Vision
lol Blackspirit, IM EXACTLY LIKE YOU! I always worry that my headphones are too loud when i use then in public (like in class), so i always take em off to see if its making noise :lol:

YES!!!! I'm not alone!!! Lol!!! hehe...

I always take my headphones off checking it's not TOO
loud... I just hate it when technoheads are listening to
music, they can be sitting at the back of the buss, but
still the people in the front can hear everything! Lol.
That sucks SO much! hehe... And... Some of the music I
listen to is just *weird* so I don't want people to hear
it :eek:P Hehe...

And like you Qsilver, I'm very nervous about making
noises! lol. Like when I'm walking home, during a small
uphill I'm like "shit, I must be breathing so loud
everyone can hear it!" Hehe... Then I take my
headphones off and everything's normal!? >;o)

I do that too FinalSpirit and Blackspirit (TWO SPIRITS :eek:)

I am afraid people will hear music and say "What are you listening to" (The question I fear)

Sounds pathetic, but as much as I like music, and as much as I like going off and talking about it until I get blank stares to people who I think can understand. When random Joebob hears me say i'm listening to some crazy blackmetal name or some Swedish name, I am afraid (for some reason) he'll bash it, and then i'll be forced to defend metal's honour!

well aside from the fact im final_VISION not spirit :p ......

OMFG :eek: IM THE EXACT FUCKIN SAME WAY MAN! Wow that is scary, i hate that, like "What are you listening too" "Uh Vintersorg" than you get a blank stare and you have to explain it and blah blah blah, I HATE IT!

i prefer headphones when im at school and when im home i go for the stereo. and ive been in those situations when people ask you what youre hearing and then come sthe balnk stare ( i was reading cosmics gensis' lyrics when this psoh bitch asked me what i was hearing and i went " vintersorg" and she said "oooooooooookay" and turned around"
btw way if you cna get a hold of a pair of Sony headphones (the new ones that look like a small cut in two) which are usually around 30 bucks, go for it theyre good and if you put your cd walkman you can leave em aropund yr neck and youll still hear the music.
also i like headphonescuz thne i can sing when im walking thorught the cafeteria (is that rcorrectly spelled?) and peole jsut give me blank stares....scary mother fuckers
and what if they dont like our voices is not like THEY coul sing as we sing when were listening to black or death canm they?

I use these... would those also be called headphones to...? Those you put in your ears. The problem is, though that they keep falling out (!!) :rolleyes:, so I only use them when I'm sitting still on the bus. Home I always use the stereo. And there's no-one who can hear it, so I can pretty much put it as loud as I want to. :) (the ppl living over me cannot hear anything from me, but I hear everything from them....) Just like many others here, I'm always afraid I'm making much noise when I'm using headphones, so I don't like it too much.

Originally posted by The Nomad

Yet another reason to have a decent pair of headphones.

Ya! me knows! >:eek:)

So where do I find these SUPERDUPER headphones
of yours?! Hehe.... I don't use HEADphones either,
but earplugs. And some earplugs REALLY suck,
when it comes to "sharing music with others". But I
like them, cause they are so small :eek:)

I usually buy them at the store. :)
Dunno what consumer electronics stores are in your area, but if you feel like flying to the US, Best Buy and Radio Shack are good spots. :lol:

Anyway, I didn't think that earbuds have much of a problem sharing with your neighbors, since sideward (that's not a word) transmission of sound is blocked by the walls of your ears. I just find them very uncomfortable after an hour or 2.

I use these earplug-thingies too :)
I bought mine from Malaga's airport in Spain for about 6$ so I'm not so sure if they're the best ones available but.. I'm content with them :)

It happens often that someone wants to know what I'm listening. Then I just lend him/her my headphones(earplugs, whatever :p) and in most of the cases they are returned in no time with some forbidding comment :)