Helloween- Straight Out Of Hell Thoughts?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I searched but could not find any new threads on this. I just received my copy and have to admit that it really smokes. Heavy, melodic, and great production. Thoughts and opinions?

I've listened to it a couple of times and it isn't grabbing me yet. I enjoy it while I listen, but don't really remember it after. Maybe it'll take a couple more listens to really sink in.

Although I have to say the song Asshole really makes me wonder about the back story. Whole lotta anger going on there.

It isnt bad...a little too long and most of the songs have the same harmonry to it where nothing really pops out like past Helloween albums. There are not really any bad songs but nothing that really sticks out and makes me want to race back and listen to it again.

It isnt bad...a little too long and most of the songs have the same harmonry to it where nothing really pops out like past Helloween albums. There are not really any bad songs but nothing that really sticks out and makes me want to race back and listen to it again.

I feel the "too many songs" aspect have hurt the last number of albums they've had. They've all been great for the most part, but they need to learn how to cut it down to at least 12, if not 10 songs. As for the album, it's honestly one of my faves of theirs. I found a lot of memorable stuff and I like how they mixed the old with the new.

I love it too. 9/10 for me. However I don't find the production to be that great. It sounds a bit raw.Some people will like that earthy sound but I prefer a cleaner and brighter sound. By the way Asshole is a funny song and I love singing along to it.

I've only listened to it twice so far, and I do like it all though it didn't quite grab me right off the bat like 7 sinners and GWTD did. Still the more I listen the more it will sink in. Hope they tour the states this year.

I feel the "too many songs" aspect have hurt the last number of albums they've had.

This is something you could say about just about every album after Keepers part 2. I have stopped following the band closely, but this was always their weakness. Even look at their stronger Deris' albums and they all would have benefited from 3-4 less songs. They really need to trim the fat and go with a less is more approach.

This is something you could say about just about every album after Keepers part 2. I have stopped following the band closely, but this was always their weakness. Even look at their stronger Deris' albums and they all would have benefited from 3-4 less songs. They really need to trim the fat and go with a less is more approach.

I would agree with you for the most part with the exception of "Time of the Oath" and "Dark Ride."

Agree that it is a solid Helloween album. Not sure it's as good as 7 Sinners, as I thought that was one of their best albums in a while.
I really like the title track. And the trademark sound is evident in Years and Another Shot of Life.

Agree that it is a solid Helloween album. Not sure it's as good as 7 Sinners, as I thought that was one of their best albums in a while.
I really like the title track. And the trademark sound is evident in Years and Another Shot of Life.

I love Years. Probably my favorite track off the album.

I would agree with you for the most part with the exception of "Time of the Oath" and "Dark Ride."

For me, Master of the Rings was their best post Keeper album. Dark Ride I would agree with you on, not so much on Time of the Oath. That album has so many amazing songs, but the it has stuff like "Anything My Mama Don't Like" which I found embarrassingly bad.

For me, Master of the Rings was their best post Keeper album. Dark Ride I would agree with you on, not so much on Time of the Oath. That album has so many amazing songs, but the it has stuff like "Anything My Mama Don't Like" which I found embarrassingly bad.

Different strokes I guess. There were some solid stuff on "Master of the Rings" and it is a good album, but it lacked cohesion and consistency. It makes sense though since it was the first album with Deris and the rest of the band had to find their way back to their core sound.

I do enjoy the melodies on this album more so than 7 Sinners, but the production was killer on 7 Sinners, this album sounds to compressed.

HELLOWEEN - NEW ALBUM DUE IN MAY, STUDIO SESSIONS BEGIN; NEW LIVE VIDEO STREAMING

Last but not least, Helloween would like to send out a big “Thank You” to all the Helloween maniacs worldwide with some live impressions of the title track of the charting success Straight Out Of Hell turned out to be, landing at a sensational #4, their highest German chart entry to date, holding this position for five long weeks. Additionally they made another five Top ten entries in Europe and also cracked the US Billboard Charts.

Check out the clip produced by Randy Cold:
http://vimeo.com/103456531