Holiday At Lake Bodom (15 Years of Wasted Youth)CD+DVD

Just heard the Jessie's Girl cover. These are actually the best covers they've made since the Scorpions and Ramones ones. The sound is also back to the blacker colour like Blooddrunk and the covers after Blooddrunk. RRF was that orange'ish American thrash sound. I'm sorry this sounds stupid but I see a colour in music I listen to. It was good they chose songs that are all-out catchyness instead of some country-ass bullshit with five verses.

I do it too.
Something Wild: red ... express me anger and pain.
hatebreeder: green... express me mistery, the reaper talking to you( im a freak :)
Follow the reaper: blue... express that the reaper and the death can also be killing you while laughing
The other don't express me nothing. I think that is the atmospheric thing... in the 3 first you can feel something with all the instruments, they make some good atmosphere
this is why I like old boodm.

These are actually the best covers they've made since the Scorpions and Ramones ones.

But that is only because they chose catchy covers this time. Have they improved on them like they did with Scorpions and Ramones? Not really, all they did was give it their trademark cover sound, overly much heaviness and tempo. Of course if that happens to be your thing then it's better than the originals.

What COB need is to compose shitloads of catchy original ideas for the next album. Alexi says it's fake if they start trying to be like old days but there's not that something in it. Well he doesn't need to be depressed doing that. All that same aggression he can generate by thinking about annoying people he's met, and for the atmosphere he needs to open his heart and go out in the woods alone to compose, then it's all down to creativity when writing catchy, heavy rocking riffs and epic guitar melodies and feelingful keyboard background. This would demand a change of vocals and lyrics too. But I can't see what's so difficult about this as they have the tools necessary, unless the creativity is just dead. The music needs to feel purposeful and memorable, not just thrash notes lashing at you.

I want to inspire Alexi to write more aggressive shit. He hates me so much he would take the keyboards away if Janne wasn't his friend.

I do it too.
Something Wild: red ... express me anger and pain.
hatebreeder: green... express me mistery, the reaper talking to you( im a freak :)
Follow the reaper: blue... express that the reaper and the death can also be killing you while laughing
The other don't express me nothing. I think that is the atmospheric thing... in the 3 first you can feel something with all the instruments, they make some good atmosphere
this is why I like old boodm.

you only say that because it's the color of the album covers.... stop being a fag

Yeah, the Reaper's gown is black anyway, so I think he means the lake and all that. How can a Swedish guy call anyone fag btw?

I want to inspire Alexi to write more aggressive shit. He hates me so much he would take the keyboards away if Janne wasn't his friend.

He doesn't hate you. He just can't hate a person he does not know and it's juvenile to hate a person on the Internet..
Janne probably feels slight annoyance when it comes to you, but that's all. If one day he sees you personally and you tell him who you are, he won't kill/punch/stab/rape you- he'll just laugh or simply do nothing.

He doesn't hate you. He just can't hate a person he does not know and it's juvenile to hate a person on the Internet..
Janne probably feels slight annoyance when it comes to you, but that's all. If one day he sees you personally and you tell him who you are, he won't kill/punch/stab/rape you- he'll just laugh or simply do nothing.

Yeah man, the thing is I've been very ambitious about the whole thing, maybe it's insulting I don't respect some aspects on their new direction of music, and it's frustrating they won't turn the music more atmospheric and evil and all the stuff I keep telling, but yeah. I have seen Janne too but I didn't really even know who he was back then, hahha. I've only talked with Henkka ja Roope in person. It's no point meeting me in real life unless they want me to come talk about ideas to them. :lol: Why should Alexi hate me, I've only stated his vocals have got worse and his best creativity disappeared.

But there's people who have the 2 covers uploaded and the footage( what I want :) ) haven't been uploaded yet

I'm pretty sure it's gonna end up in youtube some day, but I won't be uploading it because it's an official release of the band and you should support them by buying it. :)

What COB need is to compose shitloads of catchy original ideas for the next album. Alexi says it's fake if they start trying to be like old days but there's not that something in it. Well he doesn't need to be depressed doing that. All that same aggression he can generate by thinking about annoying people he's met, and for the atmosphere he needs to open his heart and go out in the woods alone to compose, then it's all down to creativity when writing catchy, heavy rocking riffs and epic guitar melodies and feelingful keyboard background. This would demand a change of vocals and lyrics too. But I can't see what's so difficult about this as they have the tools necessary, unless the creativity is just dead. The music needs to feel purposeful and memorable, not just thrash notes lashing at you.

you said that already a 10000000 times. Get over it, it's not your band.

Love the dvd, it's like COB-tv, only longer :D And interesting to see this in there; when I first saw it on YouTube I wondered if the filming from the COB side of the fence would ever surface in a COB dvd, and finally it has

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it's gonna end up in youtube some day, but I won't be uploading it because it's an official release of the band and you should support them by buying it. :)

Definitely. I won't upload it either. The band is their job, and nobody wants to work for free, right? Support Bodom! XD

I really like the DVD! It is really funny. I wouldn`t mind if the DVD was a little bit longer, like the CRY DVD was. But as I said- it`s fun to watch and I´m happy that I bought it

Yeah it was a little short, there could have been more of the "documentary" type clips like the ones in the beginning of DVD. But it was still hilarious.

A little of the topic, but I just have to share this because it made me laugh my ass off: I met Janne at a bar once but didn't really talk with him, just bought him a white russian. At first I wasn't 100% sure it was him. But then the video for "Needled 24/7" started playing on the screen and the expression on his face convinced me that it actually was him. :lol: