horrible guitar sounds

umairnadeem

New Metal Member
Aug 29, 2011
hi everyone
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34860761/horrible guitar sounds.mp3

i'm not sure about you guys.. but these are the horrible guitar sounds i've been getting for 10 years on all of my guitars.

this guitar has brand new guitar strings, which are DR EXTRA LIFE BLACK BEAUTIES guitar strings, and i've DI'd using POD FARM 2 through my UX2

i'm getting these sounds at the higher frets of the guitar, and i haven't done any vibrato on these frets because i wanted to show you guys that there is a truly HORRIBLE sound which should never be given to the human ears coming from my IBANEZ PRESTIGE RG2570 guitar, which is supposed to be a top-of-the-line ibanez product.

are these normal? do you guys get them? is there something wrong with my neck/action? how do i fix this??

thanks a lot my friends!!

take your guitar to a tech and get it set up. change leads, use a DI box. also put foam under the strings behind the bridge and nut. if none of those things fix it then i'm stumped.

This is clearly nothing to do with the amp, cable, DI box or probably even the pickups. Your string is hitting off the higher frets. Take it to a tech and get it setup (you might need a fret dress, probably just needs the action and neck relief adjusted though)

thanks for the great replies everyone!!

the issue is that there is no guitar fixer/luthier in my country. are there any other tutorials or any specific trouble-areas which i should be checking??

thanks a lot guys :headbang: