I don't see enough love for Amoral's latest CD...

Jose_C

New Metal Member
May 28, 2011
"Fallen Leaves & Dead Sparrows" that came out last year. I know Glenn mentioned them not so long ago. But to me, I think this one would satisfy nicely for a lot of folks on here.
Great Finnish band that, on this cd at least, play an extremely catchy kind of progmetal/hard rock with lots of different influences and their own flavor thrown in that makes for a distinct sound from other bands out there.
This album has lots of variety from song to song; progmetal, hard rock, growls here and there and even kinda pop/bluesy on one song.
Anyway, works great for my tastes. Definitely in my top 3 for 2014. And "See This through" is my new favorite song lately :) I couldn't find a video for that song specifically but this one is, I think, somewhat representative of the album.

Amoral - If Not Here, Where?

Last edited by a moderator:
It might just be my favorite album of 2014. They are indeed working on new material for the next album so hang in there. Hoping Glenn will invite them for next years festival! The previous album "Beneath" is just as good IMO :)

Yea, it got a lot of love here, it was in my top 5 for the year. I would say that some support for it did seem to fade a little as the year went by, but I think it did get its props here for sure.

Really strong album that kinda got buried under the crushing weight of all the other high quality releases for 2014. It just missed out my top five but not by much. Their prior album was good as well.

2014 was one of the better years for progressive metal in a long time! Amoral was on my list also, but I couldn't find a copy in Atlanta in September, so it kind of got forgotten once I received my new stereo and went back to old school cranking out in my living room instead of the iPod