Interesting new bridge design

Not too excited about all the routing required, the price tag, or the looks of it. The concept is interesting though, and I hope future releases will adress some of the current issues I have with it.

I wonder how well it works too...both in tuning stability and tonal changes.

did you even watch the videos

Yes, I watched the videos. I can't judge how the tone changed, as I haven't heard before and afters. The tuning stability seems mighty impressive however. The concept also makes sense, as it introduces a self-adjusting tension spring into the system. Come to think of it, I wonder if bends feel any different.

It might be the future of high end guitars for sure, don't see a 330 dollar bridge on lower models though.

In their faq section they say there is a tremolo version in the works. I wonder how that would work since there is already such a large cavity routed for the fixed version.

As for doing bends they talk about it when they explain setting up guitar and how much tension is set on each spring. Sounds like the bends would feel the same if you had it set up correctly.

My issue is the modification it takes for Les Paul and Hollow Body guitars. Not worth it IMHO. Devalue your guitar but keep it in tune, thats not worth it if you think about it.

The Buzz Feitin system has this beat by a mile due to the fact that the nut can be interchanged without any permanent changes to the guitar. You can always keep your original nut and put it back on the guitar when you go to resell it. This is 100% permanent due to them routing out parts of the guitar.

The Buzz Feitin system has this beat by a mile due to the fact that the nut can be interchanged without any permanent changes to the guitar. You can always keep your original nut and put it back on the guitar when you go to resell it. This is 100% permanent due to them routing out parts of the guitar.

Not only is this a completely different technology/end result, but you're thinking of an Earvana nut. The Buzz Feiten tuning system involves shifting the frets themselves, not just installing a nut.

Very true. This is tuning stability idea is very different from a compensated nut, which is correcting intonation. The idea of a guitar that you can't bang out of tune is really inventive and could have so many studio and live advantages.

I do agree with guru that this would be a bad idea to retrofit to a high value guitar and could hurt the resale value. I would be interested to see some guitar manufacture build a model with it already installed.

I also agree with the notion that it is ugly as fuck looking.

I do agree with guru that this would be a bad idea to retrofit to a high value guitar and could hurt the resale value. I would be interested to see some guitar manufacture build a model with it already installed.
I agree, b/c the retrofit is a catch 22-- a $500 mod that at best doesn't hurt resale.
My concern with the design is that it eliminates vibrato unless you get the tension at the pegs perfect which of course puts you at risk for going out of tune.

Seems very interesting. Hope they create a black version too.

Edit: Just saw that it's already available in different colors. I think the f model doesn't look that bad in black.

buy-fmodel_black.png

The "G Model" one looks terrible IMHO. The modern bridge look with the Tune-O-Matic slot screws is just :puke:
The other two models however, look really nice.
Very cool concept overall, I like it.