Just saw the ladies last night in Everett

darthrya

Maiden fan since I was 9
Jul 31, 2004
Washington, USA
maidenshows.ryasrealm.com
Despite lots of technical issues, the ladies put on a fun show last night. The big surprise was the addition of another FOTD song, but I won't spoil it for the rest of you what song it is. :) All I can say is that it's a greatly underappreciated song by many in the Maiden community, and I was glad to see the band play it. :headbang:

I also think Elizabeth is doing an awesome job filling in JoJo's old spot--good play and plenty of vibrancy on stage.

If you haven't seen them, but are planning to see them in Washington, I highly recommend two other places. The Swiss in Tacoma is easily the best pub in the area for live acts. They have about half a dozen pool tables, a dozen or so different, excellent beers on draught, and a wide-open area for the fans to watch the band play.

The other great place to check them out would be at Studio 7 in Seattle. Not only are the fans who normally show up to see other bands there are a pretty cool crowd, but the venue has a killer balcony section from which to watch the band play.

If you get to see the ladies play on the PacNW tour, make sure ask Aja about tour pranks. :lol: I won't say any more about that because I probably wasn't suppose to mention anything about that. :saint: :lol:

darthrya said:
Despite lots of technical issues, the ladies put on a fun show last night. The big surprise was the addition of another FOTD song, but I won't spoil it for the rest of you what song it is. :) All I can say is that it's a greatly underappreciated song by many in the Maiden community, and I was glad to see the band play it. :headbang:

I also think Elizabeth is doing an awesome job filling in JoJo's old spot--good play and plenty of vibrancy on stage.

:err: :err: Another FOTD song other than Wasting Love???? I can dream of Judas my Guide which I'd love to see.

The first show I saw was the third one Liz had done. Just as Linda predicted she has gotten better and better. I never saw JoJo except in video and I think Liz is right up there now.

Tour pranks? Revenge on DRZ for the CO2 incident perhaps?

Jim

I saw them last year when JoJo played, it was kinda' cute. What happened that night was that they dedicated "Children of the Dammed" in my honor, and I was blown away, because I feel like one; it was a really cool experience, yea I will not forget it.

spideyjg said:
:err: :err: Another FOTD song other than Wasting Love???? I can dream of Judas my Guide which I'd love to see.

The first show I saw was the third one Liz had done. Just as Linda predicted she has gotten better and better. I never saw JoJo except in video and I think Liz is right up there now.

Tour pranks? Revenge on DRZ for the CO2 incident perhaps?

Jim

Same here - that intro solo is fucking amazing!!!!! :kickass:

spideyjg said:
:err: :err: Another FOTD song other than Wasting Love????
Well, when I said "another song," I was really addressing those people who hadn't seen the ladies on this tour just yet. That song is Wasting Love. It's a great song, too, and Aja does a fine job with it. It's awesome hearing the ladies tackle some the "die-hards only" types of songs.

I'd love to hear them play some Blaze-era stuff, but that's just wishful thinking. Too many American Maiden fans are close-minded about the Blaze years and the ladies are doing what makes them successful - playing what the fans want, which does not seem to include Blaze tracks. :cry: :lol: At least they played the Maiden version of "Doctor, Doctor" with Blaze on vox before the show started! :headbang: