KAMELOT last night....WOW..

Inner Peace

New Metal Member
Oct 1, 2006
The Chance theater in Poughkeepsie NY last night was graced by Leaves Eyes and Kamelot. A few locals bands played before that actually were enjoyable as well, Lazerus and Shadow Image kicked ass as well. I actually got to speak with Kamelot before the show and being the fanboy I am I had my dvd signed. Anyway, Leaves Eyes were enjoyable but nothing campared to Kamelot. Kamelot gets better with every tour, they absolutely slayed!!! The male vocalist in Leaves Eyes came out for Kamelots encore "March Of Mephisto" for the death vox. Also, I was impressed to see and speak with Mike Lepond from Symphony X who was in the crowd showing his support before their European tour with Dream Theater. I also found it amusing that everytime Khan stepped off his tour bus or was spotted he was flocked by all the "young girls", LOLOLOL. The entire band (Kamelot) were very pleasant to hang with and are extremely pumped for the tour. The highlight of the show for me was watching Casey on drums, he's a monster. Overall, it amazes me how big and varied from young to old their fan base is. I wish them luck on this tour.....THE SHOW CRUSHED!!!!!

Of the 3 shows I've been to, this was by far their best. The backup singer the entire show was an awesome choice and Thomas & Glenn doing their own occasional backup were so much nicer than their usual tracking. Was also nice that the set with a pretty good mix of Ghost Opera songs and many of the better songs of their older material (though nothing pre-Karma).
I will also say Leaves Eyes was a huge improvement over when I saw them open for Blind Guardian even with the technical difficulties. You could at least hear Liv over Alex getting the crowd to chant and clap all the time. Though their drum bass was WAY too high.

Oh yes, I spotted someone wearing a PPVII shirt on the way out. I wore my Conception shirt I picked up at PPVI.

Saw the show in Cleveland last night. Waited forever until Leaves Eyes started and Kamelot did not start until 11:15! Khan had a hoarse throat and so had a tough time here and there, but the audience helped him out. Surprised us with the appearance of Simone Simmons for The Haunting. I was glad they did Karma during the encore b/c they didn't do that one last year when I saw them.

Saw Kamelot and Leaves Eyes at Peabody's in Cleveland last night too. Overall, great show, but both bands seemed plagued by mic and monitor problems, and you could hear that Khan was definitely suffering the effects of illness. Despite that, gave his all and really put on a great performance! The late start was a bummer, and I would've preferred to have heard more of the older tunes, but no complaints. Good show by all! And, the hugs, a plus! :)

-j

I'm crossing my fingers that Simone shows up in Chicago tomorrow. Hopefully Khan is feeling/sounding better by then. I'm surprised about nothing pre-Karma, since I thought I saw The Fourth Legacy on a few setlists, which would smoke.

I'm crossing my fingers that Simone shows up in Chicago tomorrow. Hopefully Khan is feeling/sounding better by then. I'm surprised about nothing pre-Karma, since I thought I saw The Fourth Legacy on a few setlists, which would smoke.

That would be cool. Can't wait! I'm not looking forward to the traffic getting down to The Pearl Room though.

The show in Cleveland was fantastic aside from the venue being way to small, Kamelot not going on until after 11 and the thousands of local bands they force down your throat oh and Khan's illness but even sick he's better than 95% of other vocalists.

Got to hang out with the guys after the show for a bit. I will say that I've talked with quite a few guys from many bands and Roy Khan is by far the most friendly and enjoyable person from a band I like that I have had the chance to meet.

BTW I got a pic with Simone...She is smokin! Anyone know if she's dating any of the guys?

P.S. Was NOT at ALL impressed with Leaves Eyes

is he EVER healthy?
Kind of hard to stay healthy on the road with weather changes across the country, venues that crank the AC, the weird hours, and shaking hands/meet&greet with all those people.
Add all that stuff up, and it is actually relatively HARD to NOT get sick on a tour. At least other instruments can get through it if they feel less than 100%, but a voice is a unique instrument.. That said - more power to them for not cancelling.

:kickass: :loco: :headbang: :OMG:

Kind of hard to stay healthy on the road with weather changes across the country, venues that crank the AC, the weird hours, and shaking hands/meet&greet with all those people.
Add all that stuff up, and it is actually relatively HARD to NOT get sick on a tour. At least other instruments can get through it if they feel less than 100%, but a voice is a unique instrument.. That said - more power to them for not cancelling.

:kickass: :loco: :headbang: :OMG:

Hell, I get sick from attending concerts at least twice a year.