Lemmy Cuts Another Show Short

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
I know very few people are surprised to see this happening at his age, given his health history and his relationship to whiskey and other more potent substances. But watching the videos, I'm actually quite sad to see this. Lemmy taught a lot of us what the hell "Rock N Roll" really means. I know he always said he'd go out on the road, but it's really quite sad to see a man whose body is quite literally breaking down in front of us.

:(

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorheads-lemmy-stops-austin-show-after-three-songs-i-cant-do-it/

It's a sad day when Lemmy can't perform anymore.
Never been a big fan, but he is a fucking icon!
Hope he makes it back for one more go 'round

I think "Icon" pretty much sums it up. Jeez, the guy tech'd for Hendrix! Hopefully he will just spend time recuperating before the Motorboat thing at the end of the month. If he needs to call a last show, that would be the way to go.

Sounds like Motorhead needs to get off of their tour and he needs to get healthy.

I really don't get the fact that he has severe diabetes and keeps drinking, though.

That is so freakin' sad!

And yes, kudos to the crowd for the support. They could tell he was trying, and not storming off throwing an Axl Rose hissy fit. Scott B said it best: "Icon"

Steve in Philly

P.S. - The ageless ones like Lemmy and Dio do finally succumb. There's another sad day in metal coming soon.

MOTÖRHEAD - THE DOC HAS SPOKEN: "LEMMY HAD A LUNG INFECTION"

Earlier today, Motörhead's management issued the following statement:

"St. Louis here we come! The wait is over and the Doc has spoken. Lemmy had a lung infection (exacerbated by that Denver altitude) which has now been taken care of. Subsequently, Lemmy’s ready to give it a go in St. Louis at The Pageant theater on Tuesday, September 8th where Motörhead will continue the 40th Anniversary tour in support of their new album Bad Magic.

Amidst all the wonderful support Lemmy has received, many have rightfully said he owes us nothing as he has given us... everything. We, however, owe Lemmy something…our total respect for his fierce, single-minded and beautifully stubborn determination to continue burning asphalt, playing rock’n'roll and live where he has always been most comfortable - on the road! Thanks again for all your support and see you soon!"