Looking for : Singer, Drummer (maybe bassist). Serious (paid) job

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Hello,

I am in search of a singer, and a drummer, for session work. Then we would see !

I decided I would delay my attempt at singing, because this is the only thing delaying my music, and I think I made my mind into delegating singing to someone else so i can move forward for now. This would start as a musician session gig, but who knows. Same for the drummer.

I am looking for highly skilled people in the vein of Tesseract / Between the Buried and me / Porcupine tree. This would be paid job for the drummer as this is pure session work. For the singer, this is negotiable just as well, and depends on what he has to offer and his motivation for my music (I would give tremendous details in private). Again, I am talking high skills as my music is drums and singing delicate, while guitars and bass I can handle (and are honestly more manageable). Just for an example, I have sent quotes to Dan Tompkins, Ashe Ohara (both Tesseract singers), Kevin Talley (session drummer for so many big metal bands), Jens Bogren, Finnvox, etc etc so this could be a nice experience. So please, understand I am not looking for the average player even though I am myself, because these two instruments in my music are critical.

I am also passively looking for a bassist if ever someone is crazy enough to want to be part of this as a session bassist, because I dont need one. However I would accept the contribution from a very good bassist, but please understand than since I can handle it just well enough myself, I am not in need of one and therefore am not planning on budgeting a bass session player.

Please note this is a serious offer, and I am in contact with some nice names already, trying to find the best deal but in any case this would not be on a budget and the aim is to release a quality product and then see for a follow up if ever the reaction is good.

Also note, I am not a professional an have a demanding job, so this is not something that needs to be rushed into, I have been working on this for several years and don't plan on it to be release before at least the end of this year. There is no label nor any organisation behind me, so this can take time and be relax, however I would not appreciate laziness when it is time for recording and need to be able to trust in you when I need you ! I would myself be honest when I am too busy to help with recording when I am working, and I would appreciate the same.

The goal is not money nor fame although paying back for the budget would be nice, I know it would be hard to do. I just wanna stop procrastinating and do something awesome out of the time I spent learning music, and add up a little bit of investment over my thousands and thousands in gear towards the ultimate goal of releasing (hopefully good) music!

Hit me up for details, I can provide full details on the project ! Again, I need skilled and motivated people, even though this is not for a long term collaboration and just session work (at least for now).

EDIT : Please send a mail to

639752Capturedcran20140226231648.jpg

With "drummer" or "singer" or "bassist" or "massagist" as the email object so I can sort it out better, because my PM box here is gonna implode soon !

And no, I am not pressed for those who ask !

Many regards !

EDIT : I was not clear enough for vocalists. There are plenty of good growlers around, but sorry I am not interested in this, I keep getting mails from people who send me an mp3 that sounds nice and all but shows very little clean singing. If the clean singing happens at 5:30, please tell me it could save me some time ! Also I'd love it if I could hear some vocal layering with a bit of reverb, it would help me get a better picture of what I could expect as a result in my own project (vocals are really inspired by Tesseract and Devin's layering styles)

If you wanna save time and give me a good idea, and if you know the songs a little bit, here are a selection of songs that would give me a good idea if you could fit or not :
- Devin Townsend "Supercrush"
- most Tesseract songs "Concealing fate part II" or "Eden" would do
- A Perfect Circle "The Outsider"
- Katatonia "the Racing hearts"

I would give you an mp3 of my own project where you could express yourself as you wish just to have a rough idea of how you blend with my project ! However I didn't plan on this initially so I cannot pay you for the time you would spend on this singing shootout if you ever decide to go for it as opposed to just send me an mp3 of a previous release. Hope that helps

Answered most guys, if I forgot you, PM me again ! Anyone interested for any gig, just PM me too !

EDIT : I am interested in having some contacts with trustful and good sessions musicians for the future anyway, so do not hesitate ! I will reply to all.

please PM again, my inbox was full so your message didn't get through, did anyone get a mail ? I tried to mail several people with a CCI email but because of that I cannot even myself check if people got them, and i have never used that feature before. Thanks