09. Lord of Light
10. Legacy
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden
---------------------
13. 2 Minutes to Midnight
14. The Evil that Men Do
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

While I really like the new one, I'm not too happy about them playing the ENTIRE new one on tour. Circle II Circle did this at PP and it didn't go over as well as their old material. IM has, oh, maybe one or two more big hits that they could be playing instead of the entire new one.

I've heard that in 2008 they are doing a tour from the Powerslave years (Piece of Mind through 7th Son), so that'll take care of the hits, but people are still paying big bucks for this tour. I'd like to see a few songs from the classic albums . . . preferably some of the rarer tracks that don't get the constant tour play (e.g.; Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Number of the Beast).

I guess we'll find out how it goes over this weekend.

Steve in Philly

Why don't they ever do Wasted Years? That's my all time favorite Maiden song and I don't believe they perform it live anymore. Can I Play With Madness is another classic that doesn't get over toured either.

edgeofthorns said:
Why don't they ever do Wasted Years? That's my all time favorite Maiden song and I don't believe they perform it live anymore. Can I Play With Madness is another classic that doesn't get over toured either.

They played that for The Give me Ed Til Im Dead Tour... back in 2003

Well, I for one am a happy and pleased fan... I am all for playing the new album in its entirety, it is a solid album and will go over well live. It was time for something new!

Pabla said:
They played that for The Give me Ed Til Im Dead Tour... back in 2003

i.e. Wasted Years...

uh seriously i don't remember them playing that on that tour. They played it on the Edhunter tour in 1999 though...I know that for sure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really funny all of the SPOILER threads on the official maiden board and at maidenfans.com. If Maiden wanted to be controversial...then they got it!

sinerchris said:
i.e. Wasted Years...

uh seriously i don't remember them playing that on that tour. They played it on the Edhunter tour in 1999 though...I know that for sure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really funny all of the SPOILER threads on the official maiden board and at maidenfans.com. If Maiden wanted to be controversial...then they got it!

Wasted Years is amazing... would also love that one, agreed! Hmmmm, I know for sure it was either played in GMETID tour or DOD tour... wait a min, sorry, it was played for the DOD tour in 2004... 2 yrs ago!

I've stopped buying Maiden albums after Brave New World came out..because of Bruce's voice which any Maiden fan can tell the difference now from back in the days when he sung with so much strength and power..compare seventh son album and this AMOLD...is just sad that they continue to make albums after albums.....I would prefer them to tour then record new tracks..

I didn't realize that Wasted Years had been played recently. Personally, I like the new disc very much, so I have no problem with them focusing on the new stuff. Why else would they bother putting out new studio albums?

Pabla said:
Wasted Years is amazing... would also love that one, agreed! Hmmmm, I know for sure it was either played in GMETID tour or DOD tour... wait a min, sorry, it was played for the DOD tour in 2004... 2 yrs ago!

oops sorry I think I got confused:lol: .

Can I play was played on the DOD tour, not sure about Gimme Ed (I don't remember...massive amounts of alcohol were consumed that summer!).
Who knows...MAIDEN! MAIDEN!

edgeofthorns said:
I didn't realize that Wasted Years had been played recently. Personally, I like the new disc very much, so I have no problem with them focusing on the new stuff. Why else would they bother putting out new studio albums?

It has not, at least not in North America... we were talking aboput "Can I play With Madness" :)

sinerchris said:
oops sorry I think I got confused:lol: .

Can I play was played on the DOD tour, not sure about Gimme Ed (I don't remember...massive amounts of alcohol were consumed that summer!).
Who knows...MAIDEN! MAIDEN!

That's right, it was indeed for DOD

For Give Me Ed they were supossed to play "Heaven can wait" but they dropped it off the North American tour and only played it in Europe. They played "Revelations" though which had not been played for a while.

The Eddie that they bring out for this show is amazing! I can't wait til October 21st! :headbang:

Mountain King said:
On another note..when did Circle II Circle play an entire album at progpower??

Okay, maybe not the WHOLE album, but they played almost all of the unreleased Burden of Truth at this year's PreParty.

Steve in Philly

Why don't they ever do Wasted Years? That's my all time favorite Maiden song and I don't believe they perform it live anymore. Can I Play With Madness is another classic that doesn't get over toured either

I agree.... Why dont they play Wasted Years. My Fav also. Another good one Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter.

DarkOne said:
I'll be going to the show in NJ on Saturday

I found out that last night's CT setlist was:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=59770

01. Different World
02. These Colours Don't Run
03. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
04. Pilgrim
05. Longest Day
06. Out of the Shadows
07. Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
08. For the Greater Good of God
09. Lord of Light
10. Legacy
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden
---------------------
13. 2 Minutes to Midnight
14. The Evil that Men Do
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

While I really like the new one, I'm not too happy about them playing the ENTIRE new one on tour. Circle II Circle did this at PP and it didn't go over as well as their old material. IM has, oh, maybe one or two more big hits that they could be playing instead of the entire new one.

I've heard that in 2008 they are doing a tour from the Powerslave years (Piece of Mind through 7th Son), so that'll take care of the hits, but people are still paying big bucks for this tour. I'd like to see a few songs from the classic albums . . . preferably some of the rarer tracks that don't get the constant tour play (e.g.; Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Number of the Beast).

I guess we'll find out how it goes over this weekend.

Steve in Philly

I agree totally, tracks like the prisioner, 22 acacia ave, charlotte & many of those forgotten jems, would be killer!!!!

I am a huge Iron Maiden fan and going to the Chicago and Detroit shows. I have to say that I'm a bit disapoined as well. Don't get me wrong, I love the new album but hearing the entire album at its entierty and in orderi s a bit too much. I hope they reconsider adding other songs to the set or edit the set a bit.
Up the Irons

legalman20 said:
I've stopped buying Maiden albums after Brave New World came out..because of Bruce's voice which any Maiden fan can tell the difference now from back in the days when he sung with so much strength and power.
Bruce sounds great on the new disc, and it's their best work since 7Soa7S.

Zod