Mark, choices on gear

Iced In Flames

Shredderite
Jan 26, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
I know you like playing your Fenders, but why did you choose them? Why not a PRS or Les Paul? Or even an Explorer of some sort?

Chris has Schecter and Ibanez. those are a bit more "agressive" if you will.
Know what I mean?

Not that there is anything wrong with Fenders :)
Or even a G&L!

My choice of Fenders is based solely on the fact that they stay in tune all the time. I used to own 3 ESP's which I took on the first tour we did (I left my Fenders at home). I ended up having to adjust the neck everytime we changed climates. They were nice sounding guitars, but the added stress of having to adjust them nightly was too much. I can pull my Fenders right out of the case and walk on stage.

I love Les Pauls and I wish I had one. However, when I bought my Fenders they were about 1/3 the cost of a Les Paul. I just couldn't swing it financially.

Now, with having to raise the twins, it would be tough to spend the money on a Les Paul.

PRS Guitars are nice, but also very expensive. My Modulus is actually very similar to a PRS. But the Modulus has a shorter scale then my Fenders so it's difficult for me to switch guitars live. If I had 2 Modulus guitars that might solve my problem. I need 2 guitars live to account for our tuning changes.

I LOVE Explorers, probably one of my favorite guitars. I used to own several Dean Z's, which are basically Explorers. But the case for an Explorer exceeds flight size limitations (as does a Flying V). I spent $300 last year on oversize cases while flying (my Fenders cases are 1 inch too big, while an Explorer case is about 9 inches too big). I can get my Fenders just within flight limits by switching to a smaller flight case, but there is no way to get an Explorer down to allowable size.

Mark

Have ya checked out a Tone Pros bridge? I've got one on my Gibson Explorer and it never goes out of tune. It is definitly a good thing to look into. Its simple to install and costs about the same as a regular fixed bridge if I remember right!

http://www.tonepros.com/

Too bad I didnt know ya want a Paul so bad. I coulda got ya a Les Paul Custom for about $1500 brand new. :)
I shoulda asked ya if ya wanted my PRS. Just sold it. Coulda gave ya a nice price on it!!

Ever thought about a Caparison? Arch Enemy, Killswitch Engange, Soilwork and Freak Kitchen I know use em. Great guitars and most are about the size of a Jackson Soloist. the Dellinger and Horus models are...
They are awesome guitar. the Horus even has 27 frets. Then the Gacky model has normal frets up to the 12th then its fretless after that. May not hurt to look into em.

Dean Z's kick ass! Aint that the kind the dude in Grave Digger uses?

Tell the twins some long haired guy in Indiana says hi ;)
Hope all is well for ya!