Megashit hit the Deathfan?

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I'lll try to translate this the best possible way.

http://www.lynxtr.com/rafabasa/index.html?url=/rafabasa/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1680

It seems David Ellefson had started a legal process against Dave Mustaine on the basis that Megadeth Inc. ows him money, plus lost royalties. Ellefson is asking for $18.5 M o_O , including $10 M for liability due to some difamatory declarations by Mustaine in the MEGADETH website "falsely accusing" Ellefson of forcing and blackmailing Mustaine to appear in the new MEGADETH album "The System Has Failed".

Has anyone read something like this elsewhere?

seems to me the are just acting like a couple of Babies Elf should be Happy that Dave Dropped that Flower Pot on his Air conditioner 20 years ago and Gave him an Oppertunity to play in Megadeth ... Elfs Bass is great yes .... but he is not the "Man" hahaha

I have to agree with JD, Ellefson, thinks he was the man in the band?!
That's crazy. He was nothing , more that a piad sideman, that is top notch in
the bass department. He should be dragged out into the street & made an example of by the Megadeth fans. I don't know about the flower pot story though. It was probably more like dropped a bong onto the air conditioner, or something like that.
I have a feeling a case like this will get thrown out of court, Jr. was obviously given some bad legal advise...
Way to fucking ruin any chance of getting back in the band...

What royalties does Dave owe to him. In my opinion, Elferson is just grabbing Dave's attention now that Megadeth is starting back up and he wants to be apart of it again now that the only thing musicwise (Ithink) he's done so far is guest appear on a Soulfly trck for there new album. I don't want to bad mouth anything else so :headbang:

The sad thing is that when Dave finally clean his act and decided to revive Megadeth, he tried to get Ellefson and Menza (and even Friedman). Finally after getting in touch with Poland, he still tried to get Ellefson back, without any results.
But now Megadeth is alive and Menza is back, and the album is going to lift off, and the reissues are going to sell...and Ellefson just discovered he's a moron.

We all know that Dave hand accident was not a household incident, and probably there's a lot of bad blood towards the end of the band, but coming now asking for all that dough is just ludicrous. I know Mustaine is a difficult person to work with, but still throughout all Deth incarnations, Ellefson was the only other constant, so IMO he owes Mustaine a bit of loyalty for keeping him all those years.