Metal Disney

LOL I think your attitude is exactly what's wrong with metal nowadays... :lol:

But no offense meant, no offense taken. Different opinions, that's all! =)

Well I mean, and I probably should have elaborated on my post, but the reason why I dislike the cover isn't because it's not heavy or aggressive (which is what I bet you're assuming, but that's my fault for not elaborating), it's because there seems to be a purveying attitude with alot of metal fans these days that all music has to have shreddy solos and blistering rhythms and whatever in order for it to be good. Like, with the 'I Kissed A Girl' remix, as well as this Disney song where there are actually people who liked the "metalized" versions better than the other BECAUSE of the addition of guitars and such, which really pisses me off. These things should only be used when necessary, they should not be injected into a song just for the sake of it! Why are metal people butchering songs that are meant to be played and sung a certain way by "metalizing" them? It's SOOO stupid. With Nevermore covering The Sound Of Silence, they completely re-wrote the musical arrangement and basically only kept the lyrics, so the song became pretty much their own. Completely transcribing a song with metal instruments is just cliche and not at all cool in my mind.

I actually played this song to a friend who is actually into Disney music and not so much metal and he just laughed and said it was ridiculously cheesy. People can listen to what they want and all, but I just find it funny (and in some cases annoying), that they will like an ironic metal cover of some song that they otherwise dislike because it doesn't have guitars and such. There's alot more to this kind of "pop" songwriting than people think!

I just wanted to say how much I am LOVING this THREAD!!!! Ha ha! I like a lot of Disney songs (who doesn't?) and have never really thought of many of them this way! Who's got connections at Disney who can make this happen!!!!!???? HA HA! Whoever had the idea of Freak Kitchen doing "Poor Unfortunate Souls" is a genius!

For my contribution, I'd LOVE to hear Sonata Arctica do "Part of Your World". Sounds right up their alley!

FUCKING GREAT THREAD!!!!

I just wanted to say how much I am LOVING this THREAD!!!! Ha ha! I like a lot of Disney songs (who doesn't?) and have never really thought of many of them this way! Who's got connections at Disney who can make this happen!!!!!???? HA HA! Whoever had the idea of Freak Kitchen doing "Poor Unfortunate Souls" is a genius!

For my contribution, I'd LOVE to hear Sonata Arctica do "Part of Your World". Sounds right up their alley!

FUCKING GREAT THREAD!!!!
:headbang::kickass: +1

FUCKING GREAT THREAD!!!!

WOOHOO! I'm a genius! :lol:

Sonata Arctica covering Part of your World sounds like something they'd do, if given half a chance. XD

Quite honestly, I'm suprised Nightwish hasn't covered any Disney songs, given how obsessed Tuomas is with Disney.

Quite honestly, I'm suprised Nightwish hasn't covered any Disney songs, given how obsessed Tuomas is with Disney.

He'd probably wanna "I Just Want to be King" from the Lion King. Then he'd sit down and watch the rest of the movie, start crying when Mufasa dies, and write another Nightwish record as usual.

:lol: Actually, I'm sure he'd be all over writing songs for Pirates of the Caribbean.

WOOHOO! I'm a genius! :lol:

Sonata Arctica covering Part of your World sounds like something they'd do, if given half a chance. XD

Ha ha. Yes, you are. I didn't want to go back and read through to see who wrote what, but that one stuck out in my head as a classic.

Perhaps we could get Symphony X to do Fantasia!!!!

Man how this thread makes me miss the days growing up where every other summer was a new Disney animated classic!!! The computer generated stuff just isn't the same. Guess they ran out of good fairy tales? That stretch from The Little Mermaid to Hercules is all good in my book!

Disney World is so much fun. Al noticed there were a lot of hot mothers there, though. :lol:

@HC: I miss the Disney animated musicals, too. I'm glad they're coming out with a cell animation of The Frog Prince in the near future. I miss those kinds of movies.

I love going to DisneyWorld. Last time I was there was in 2007. I'd be so happy if I lived in Orlando and could go there once a week.

That place is truly magic. I don't care what anyone says; DisneyWorld is one of the best places on Earth.