Metal ringtones

Yeah, I was curious what software or online site Yippee was using and how easy it was.

I've got a Blackberry. I can connect it via USB and just transfer over the .mp3 files as if it were a thumbdrive. The software I use is CDex to create a .wave file from the CD. I then use a program called AudioView 32 to edit the wave file. I only use it because it came free with my sound card and it works. I save the cut down wave file, then reconvert it from wave to .mp3 with CDex again.

Yardley's phone is a Samsung Sync. We had to buy a special cable for that one, and that phone has a file size limit of 300k. So when I convert to .mp3, I have to use a lower bit rate for the conversion. Other than that, it all works the same.

BTW, if you rip CDs to .mp3, you NEED CDex.

Before I had to downgrade to my shitty monophonic MIDI blackberry, I had the "Champion of Ithaca" theme from Symphony X's "The Odyssey" as my ringtone, Allen/Lande's "Wish for a Miracle" intro as my SMS alert, and Kamelot's "Forever" intro as my alarm clock.

I have the synth intro to Nightwish's "She is my Sin" as my alarm, and I think it ruined the song for me! Haha. I also have the synth part of Therion's "Three Ships of Berik" as my ringtone currently. I try to avoid vocal parts and just use cool riffs. However, I was greatly amused every time my phone rang when the "Revolution Calling" chorus was my ringtone :)

I only have a couple so far...currently using part of Finntroll's Bakom Varje Fura. Also have the intro to Blind Guardian's Fly. And to appease the Star Wars geek in me, the Imperial March from The Empire Strikes Back. ;)

Damn, you're up fairly early after Opeth last night! :)

BTW, the band came out about 20 minutes after y'all left, en masse from the bus. Those three kids from Alabama I was talking to left only a few minutes before Opeth came out. I felt sorry for 'em.

However, I was greatly amused every time my phone rang when the "Revolution Calling" chorus was my ringtone :)

lol!

"Damn, that Revolution guy calls her ALLLLLL the time!"
"Yeah. Isn't he also in Prince's band...or something?"

:lol: