Midnight at 6:00 AM (or ProgPower 5.1)

The Wolf

Fangtastic
Sep 19, 2004
Tucker, GA
What a treat for those of us that held out at the Fairfield!!! There were around 20 or so still going at 6:00 this (Sunday) morning and man, was it worth it!!! I glanced to the side and saw Midnight pass with an acoustic guitar. He sat down and proceeded to perform a variety of songs, some made up on the spot.

To those with the cameras, can you post the recordings online?

It was an unreal experience.

Tommy

There were at least two camcorders going (one belonged to Into Eternity; kudos to them for staying up late).

My pics from the "Midnight at 6am" gig are at
http://66.193.230.227/~paulcas/mdnt-at6/

(Updated 12:21 a.m. on 9/20 -- photos are now in a gallery!)

I'm still in awe. He was terrific. A true moment of Progpower history and I'm glad I was there, at least for the first 30-45 minutes or so. After that first break, how much longer did Midnight go, or did he come back at all?

I couldn't have stayed around for 45 mins longer to see this. =/. Next year I'll have a car on campus and I'll stay around until everyone else is asleep. however long that takes.

The Wolf said:
What a treat for those of us that held out at the Fairfield!!! There were around 20 or so still going at 6:00 this (Sunday) morning and man, was it worth it!!! I glanced to the side and saw Midnight pass with an acoustic guitar. He sat down and proceeded to perform a variety of songs, some made up on the spot.

To those with the cameras, can you post the recordings online?

It was an unreal experience.

Tommy

I haven't d/l my clips yet. I didn't bring my vid camera this year (doh !) but I tried to videotape with my digital cam. It's probably going to be very dark and it's simply clips as opposed to the whole performance. I haven't really worked with video recording in low light with my cam and considering I had knocked down quite a few beers by the time he made his appearance the learning curve was a little high for me to be able to figure it out.

Bryant

Yeah, Fairfield has completely taken over as the place to party at ProgPower not to mention to not get screwed out of your room reservations. *cough*granadasucks*cough*

Anyway I was there for the Midnight thing and my drummer videotaped the whole thing. I don't think he'll be putting it online though as Midnight personally asked him not to 'cause he's working on a record deal for that stuff, though it just shoes how oblivious Midnight is. You sit down to play material you don't want on the internet and after 4-5 camcorders start running you KEEP playing all of it? Also, I know I'm gonna get lynched for this, but did anyone know that a few of the songs REALLY sucked? I respect the guy's vocal abilities but some of the lyrics not to mention the most-predictable-chord-progression-of-all-time in a few of the songs...

I did however consider it worth having stayed up, though probably for different reasons than some.