Myrath - Believer

Punkyskunky

Engineer at Brett Brothers Studio
Mar 8, 2014
Turkey
www.thomasbrettmixing.com
Thought you guys would enjoy this :D

The production value absolutely blows me away! The video, the mix, and the arrangement is real killer...

Rhythm tones sound quite Rectifier-esque. Huge fan of the lead tone too.

Any ideas what the lead tone could be?

Reactions: Fox Mulder
Wow....not sure what to make of this, this really threw me for a loop. On the one hand this Castro Street level gay, we're talking Manowar in their prime gay. On the other hand it was also kinda metal in a strange way and there was a lot to be liked - I found it captivating and watched the whole thing, and it was too heavy to be considered pop. Song was...gay and good at the same time? Fuck, I am confused, I may need to stop by the Castro later and see how much I enjoy it. Maybe deep down I like dudes. I don't think so but this video has me questioning myself.

Saw then live at the Motocultor Festival 4 years ago, unfortunately one of the members could not cross the border to enter France!
Anyways I wasn't thrilled by their performance at all, even if I don't remember much about it (festivals you know...).

As for the song, it reminds me of Nightwish era Dark Passion Play with male vocals instead of Olzon, which is when I totally stopped caring about the band...

The way he jumped out of the window at 2:14 reminded me of Prince of Persia 2 though, great memories!

Music doesn't do that much for me, surely it's catchy. Mix is definitely good, sounds like Bogren to me?

Video production, yeah well, the idea is interesting, but the execution is definitely on the mediocre side.
Off course, there is a budget, but the over usage of green screening in that clip is definitely (annoyingly) visible.

And did they all smoked too many shisha's on set too decide it was a good idea to do an air/smoke guitar solo? :tickled: Didn't know if I had too cringe or laugh