New Alexi Signature ESP's for '09

This is the STD version of the Pink Sawtooth.... As far as I know the price for the guitars is:

LTD 200 - around 400€
Alexi 600 - around 1100€
Edwards - around 1100€
ESP USA STD - around 2300€
ESP Alexi Laiho STD - around 3700€
ESP CS - around 4500€
ESP CS Pink between 5000 and 8000€

but 2300€ for the STD version is damn cheap!

Nope, that's STD:p

And what's the real difference between them?

This is the STD version of the Pink Sawtooth.... As far as I know the price for the guitars is:

LTD 200 - around 400€
Alexi 600 - around 1100€
Edwards - around 1100€
ESP USA STD - around 2300€
ESP Alexi Laiho STD - around 3700€
ESP CS - around 4500€
ESP CS Pink between 5000 and 8000€

but 2300€ for the STD version is damn cheap!

Yep it is :kickass:

STD's are made in the same shop as all the other normal ESP's, in mass quanitity. They are still phenomenal guitars, but just second to CS's.

CS's are made by hand individually in one of ESP's custom shops, to exact specifications and care with the best materials. It would essentially be exactly like what Alexi plays.

I don't understand. There are CS and CS STD? My friend's got an ESP CS Pink Sawtooth, I'll ask him how much he paid for it because I don't remember.

You won't be able t o hear or feel a difference between the pink Edwards, the pink STD and the CS STD
Yes, you will. But they're all very good, it's just in varying degrees.

I don't understand. There are CS and CS STD? My friend's got an ESP CS Pink Sawtooth, I'll ask him how much he paid for it because I don't remember.
No. There's the Standard (STD) and the CS (Custom Shop). A guitar is one or the other, it can't be both.

I've asked this because <Arcane> spoke of "CS STD".
WHere?!?

And when I paint the ESP or Edwards logo and give you one if this 3 guitars I'm sure that you cant tell me which is which guitar. And you won't hear any difference your little home speakers.
I've played on a ESP CS sawtooth and 5 mins later on a ALEXI 600 and I wasn't able to hear a difference.

2pt2r2c.jpg

WHere?!?

And when I paint the ESP or Edwards logo and give you one if this 3 guitars I'm sure that you cant tell me which is which guitar. And you won't hear any difference your little home speakers.
I've played on a ESP CS sawtooth and 5 mins later on a ALEXI 600 and I wasn't able to hear a difference.

What amp were you playing on? Because that would make a huge difference.

Also, I should have specified that you wouldn't just hear a difference but feel it in your hands. At least, I did. I'm not saying it's worth the money (that's up to the buyer) or that the other guitars aren't amazing as well. All I mean to say is that there is a noticeable difference (to at least some people).

That said, I would just as soon play any of those guitars. But if someone told me to pick one, or which one sounded/felt the best, it would always be the one made with the best materials and most care, by hand, in a (relatively) small shop of luthiers.

A noticeable difference feel in your hands? When you have e.g. an Edwards Scythe and the CS Scythe which are both made with the same materials and both weight 3.3 kg, both got the same korpus... how will you feel a difference?!?
And I think I've played over a MESA but don't exactly which one...

Btw. anyone know if hte new Alexi 600 have a OFR made in Germany like the old ones? Cause I always read OFR (FR - "number") but on the ESP's the description only says OFR

The CS ones will hold up better, play smoother, and respond the nicest. That goes for any guitar made in a (good) Custom Shop, versus a Standard version of it, for any company. That's why they still exist in the first place, anymore.