New Ayreon Album: 01011001

What was this thread about? I forgot.

Well, you selectively deleted the introductory paragraph of my post when you replied to it, so that's why the part of my post you did choose to repost looks odd standing alone in your reply.

With the value of the dollar continuing to loose value against other currencies such as the Euro, the cost of imported music (like the Ayreon version quoted in this thread), is unfortunately going to get more and more expensive. While imports were already expensive when the dollar was more competitive, they are going to get even more expensive for die-hard fans/collectors of bands like Ayreon. How the American dollar looses it's value is relevant to anyone liking to collect imported music.

Unless Arjen is there in front of me signing it with my name, I could care less if it's signed. In that case, I wouldn't care about the signing anyway, but more about the chance to shake his hand.

Still buying it though, but don't care much for extras. Once I rip lossless to my PC, the packaging goes in a box that I'll likely never see again.

It's waaaaaaay too early for us to start taking preorders on this. We will have deep stock on all 3 versions at our typical reasonable prices. No reason to worry or overpay. Sit tight everyone.

Regards,
Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge

P.S. - received a promo of the album today. It's a killer...

YAY - Merry Christmas to me!!! :headbang:

On a related note, I still haven't watched the DVD that came with the "Deluxe" package of THE that I picked up at PP this year.

I was actually going to watch last night when my mom called and reminded me the UA/ASU game was on.

Shoulda gone with the original plan and watched the Ayreon DVD instead. :mad:

The new Ayreon is somewhat of a dissappointment compared to the human equation. The only moments that really shine and stand out are the parts with Jonas(Katatonia) singing. Tom and Jorn and everybody sounds good, but Jonas just stands out beyond the rest of them and just blows me away like he does with Katatonia.

The new Ayreon is somewhat of a dissappointment compared to the human equation. The only moments that really shine and stand out are the parts with Jonas(Katatonia) singing. Tom and Jorn and everybody sounds good, but Jonas just stands out beyond the rest of them and just blows me away like he does with Katatonia.

speak for yourself, i find this album incredible.

I know the album will grow on me, but it just seems like every other word is a different singer and it can just get annoying. I remember when Arjen would have a singer or 2 for a song and that made it much more enjoyable and gave an opportunity for the singer to shine within Arjen's music. I just think all the singers were just kind of crammed into the songs and it doesn't have much breathing room, except when Jonas is singing, IMHO. The singers might get a minute, but I want to hear Jonas singing a whole song, and Daniel a whole song, and Jorn a whole song, and Tom a whole song, not bits and pieces, and it seems like Hansi is the only one who got a song that was just pretty much him. I will just have to wait and see what it does with more listens.

16 year bump....

AYREON – Beneath The Waves Live In Tilburg

"...Few concert experiences can match the grandeur of Ayreon's Live Beneath the Waves show at 013 in Tilburg, the Netherlands, from September 15th to 17th, 2023. Headed by the musical mastermind Arjen Lucassen, Ayreon brought together a constellation of renowned talents from the metal community, including luminaries like Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian), Jonas Renkse (Katatonia), and Tom Englund (Evergrey).

The lineup, a veritable who's who of the metal world, also featured Ayreon alumni like Anneke Van Giersbergen (VUUR/ex-The Gathering) and Damian Wilson (Arena/ex-Threshold). Notably, a new addition to this extraordinary cast was Timo Sommers (ex-Delain), who took over guitar duty from Ferry Duijsens. The concert also showcased other virtuoso musicians such as Marcel Coenen (ex-Lemur Voice) on guitar and Ed Warby (ex-Gorefest) on drums, adding further depth and power to the performance.

This unforgettable series of nights of music showcased their collective virtuosity and creativity, bringing Ayreon's iconic album 01011001 to life on stage. The full cast, listed below, needs to be seen to be believed...."