news!!

coelacanth_M

human plant/container
Oct 17, 2003
Boston, MA
www.myspace.com
From our webpage:

New News!

1) The show at Full Force 2 went spectacularly! Thank you so much to Jesse Krakow and Dave Bodie (of Time of Orchids), Tim Byrnes (of Friendly Bears), and Ron Varod (of So Is the Tongue) for filling in. They did an amazing, passionate, and meticulous job on VERY short notice. You guys are the best! And thank you to their bands for letting us borrow them.

2) Kayo Dot's Toby and Mia have another band called Tartar Lamb which will be touring to Seattle and back starting December 26th. Please check out our myspace page for sound clips and the dates... we'll also be accompanied by Tim and Andrew from Friendly Bears and will be performing some of Tim's music (Hazel-Rah) on this tour as well! The tour concludes January 19th in New York City joined by the James Plotkin/Tim Wyskida duo (ex-Khanate, Khlyst, Blind Idiot God)!

3) We have just very recently secured an agreement with Hydra Head Records to release the next Kayo Dot album! We plan to begin recording in late spring/early summer 2007, and are shooting for a late 2007/early 2008 release date!

4) Finally, Greg Massi has decided to leave Kayo Dot to focus on his own music. We will miss him. Go, Greg, go!

That is a bunch of great news--even the Greg news, while kind of crushing, is good in that Greg has always sounded happiest recently when he's been discussing and working on the solo stuff he's been tinkering with for years. And it's damn good!

Greg and Toby have been in the same band for what, 10 years now? This is like Herzog and Kinski going their separate ways.

They ain't ridin':
Vrooom on a Yamaha chromed out eleven hundred
what I'm doin, gettin money, what we doin, gettin money
what they doin, hatin on me, but they never cross
cash money still the company, and bitch im the boss
and I be stuntin like my daddy, stuntin like my daddy.

jake, i think we're going to try iowa city next time.. well, at least Mia and I are trying to hit it in a couple weeks during our january tour (would be the 15th or 16th) - but we're having trouble getting a show.